Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food & craft fair in duckett's grove

• 12-04-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

There's a food & craft fair on in duckett's this weekend sunday & monday similar to the one held at christmas. Starts at 12 both days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    There's a food & craft fair on in duckett's this weekend sunday & monday similar to the one held at christmas. Starts at 12 both days.

cheers

saw this advertised today and meant to post it, forgot then:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

what kind of mod are you pat??!?!?!?!?

but might pop up here before i go to a bq im heading to

aynon wrote: »
    what kind of mod are you pat??!?!?!?!?

but might pop up here before i go to a bq im heading to

erm say nothing.. yeh might go up monday with the kids..

will report back then

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

I had a great afternoon out in Duckett's grove today, I even picked up a yummy home-made biscut cake, it is fair yummy.

Kids were able to get up real close to see Hawks, Olws and many other types of birds, thanks to http://www.woodlandsfalconry.com/.

If you are around tomorrow def bring the kids out there, they will have a ball.

Support Your Local Traders.

went today with the kids, the weather put a real downer on it , the birds were deadly and the dancing was really good, the break dancing was great well done to the kids.

apart from that it was like the askea country market of a friday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

patrickc wrote: »
    went today with the kids, the weather put a real downer on it , the birds were deadly and the dancing was really good, the break dancing was great well done to the kids.

apart from that it was like the askea country market of a friday morning.

where is the askea country market on? is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

if i remember right its on in the askea community centre across from the church.

darkbeatz wrote: »
    where is the askea country market on? is it any use?

yeh it's in the paris centre across from the church.
    they sell all homemade stuff, bread/cakes,buns, cheeses, jams etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I went out to Ducketts Grove on Easter Sunday...all those memories of horse riding lessons out there came flooding back!

It was a beautiful day...the art and craft fair was a bit disappointing TBH,
    but the fact that you didnt have to spend a cent unless you wanted to buy something was a big plus!

We had a lovely stroll through the gardens and out into the woods.

I really hope they can do more to develop the castle and gardens as an amenity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

yeh it's in the paris centre across from the church.
    they sell all homemade stuff, bread/cakes,buns, cheeses, jams etc etc

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Risarow

car wrote: »
    I had a great afternoon out in Duckett's grove today, I even picked up a yummy home-made biscut cake, it is fair yummy.

Kids were able to get up real close to see Hawks, Olws and many other types of birds, thanks to http://www.woodlandsfalconry.com/.

If you are around tomorrow def bring the kids out there, they will have a ball.

Support Your Local Traders.

I was there on sunday with the in laws. The weather was fantastic and all our crowd enjoyed the day.
    Picked up some really tasty cheeses and breads there.
    Does anybody know if there are any more fairs like that planned. I would love to pick up some more goodies.
    Yer man with the birds http://www.woodlandsfalconry.com/ brought them to a friends party recently and they caused great excitement especially the eagle (it's bloody HUGE)
    Hopefully there will be a few more fairs like this throughout the summer.

Risarow wrote: »
    I was there on sunday with the in laws. The weather was fantastic and all our crowd enjoyed the day.
    Picked up some really tasty cheeses and breads there.
    Does anybody know if there are any more fairs like that planned. I would love to pick up some more goodies.
    Yer man with the birds http://www.woodlandsfalconry.com/ brought them to a friends party recently and they caused great excitement especially the eagle (it's bloody HUGE)
    Hopefully there will be a few more fairs like this throughout the summer.

dunno about fairs, but you'll get that food at askea every Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Risarow

dunno about fairs, but you'll get that food at askea every Friday morning

Thanks Patrickc, I'll pay that a visit.

Advertisement