Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 - Anyone around for some co-op campaign right now?

• 12-04-2009 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I'm getting my ass handed to me on The Dam.

tag: quarryman360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm getting my ass handed to me on The Dam.

tag: quarryman360

Thats in one of the first lvls isnt it? What difficulty u on and what part u finding hard? Cnt come on but will give ya sum help from here if possible :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Playing on legendary. Yep first level. Just got through a nasty section with a ton of snipers. I got to the dam and realised it had actually given me trouble on Normal so i reckon it might be near impossible on Legendary.

any advice would be great. I don't have many friends on Live so doubt anyone will join to help me out :)

I assume u picked up a sniper rifle? Use it to pick off thd jackal sniper below u on the roof top and then theres 2/3 across the way. What other weapon u have?

I have the sniper and an almost empty carbine.

ok take out the jackals (one above the doorway to the top of the dam too) and then try to take out brutes on the area closest to u to get a new gun. If u want to, use the carbine to clear the grunts from the ruined hut below u. Get the brutes gun and clear the area. Use the sniper to fire down the walkway on the damn and try to get the hammer brute cause he will kill u. U shud have 2 more snipers (from the 2 jackals u killed at start)so pick of the brutes 1st and grunts r easy! Gd luck! Goin to sleep now:-)

• Advertisement

Oh and for the part after uve freed the guys, when your pelican comes run into the place they were being held and let the pelican do the dirty work. :-) but ull prolly have to mop up some guys so just stay alert. Need to us cover a lot more on legendary. Need to be good with headshots on these guys or u will die a lot :-P ive done first 6ish lvls and the last on legendary solo and trust me....every time you die, you have the experience to kill 5 more! Keep at it nd ull do it:-)

good stuff thanks. I like that last line :)

How'd ya get on? :-)

Still stuck. I've only really played this part for about 40 mins but still haven't got to a checkpoint. My strategy is to take out the 4 snipers i can see then jump down into the cave before trying to get onto the dam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

only advice I can give on legendry is to really be patient, take your time and slowly try kill everything on the levels,sometimes on the later levels with a bit of luck you can just run through.Took me ages to complete it on legendry, serious patients required for the 2nd last level.

• Advertisement

Meatwad wrote: »
    serious patients required for the 2nd last level.

I hate flood -.-' i can kill them 1shot 90% of the time but the mini's keep bringing them bk and i cant afford the ammo to kill them lol! Congratz on finish meat :-D i lost my patience ages ago and found c&c 3 :-)

Yes! Level 1 down. I didn't get the acheivement though :( I think it might have something to do with the fact that I didn't complete it in one sitting.

The Dam was hard. The key was to take out the 4 snipers before moving in. It was tricky though as soon as you see them, they see you. Any usually kill you with their first shot.

Yeah the snipers are a b*tch xD best way to find them is just run forward a bit nd then straight back, u shud be able to guess where they are then and prepare your shot :-) just wait till u get to the lvl in the base where u have to go through the vehicles bay....so many god damn brutes and so little grenades :-(

Stuck on the barracks now. A ton of brutes. Much pain.

yeaaahh its extremely hard like that all the way through xD got bored so did last level on heroic :P the platforms fall down really fast on legendary id say :S as for the barracks just patience + use battle rifle (the 3 shot burst one) for headshots :-) worked for me :D and dont forget equipment!

How are we getting in the legendary struggle ? :-D

Got through it on co-op with a friend. It was even tough with two of us, i don't think i could ever do it by myself on legendary.

you got through that mission or the game? :P yeah it is extremely hard on legendary solo - did the last level on legendary last night and the monitor actually killed me -.-' not enuff time between beams to regen shield so u have to dodge him a lot! flood = </3 :( they are lethal with SMG's xD

No just that level :) Well really just that part. The Brutes are just relentless.

Ohhh man u think brutes are hard? Try 2nd last lvl lol :-P u know the flood tht transform and shoot spines at u? Theres about 15 here scuttering about +norm guys! And i have to do 2/3 sword charges to down 1 norm guy sumtimes:-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anibal5

a lot of the game is nearly impossible without co-op
    it can be done on your own, but ....
    always a but ......
    if you dont KNOW whats coming and specifically pick up the best weapons
    it will be/feel a lot less skill related and more of luck
    which obviously gets repetitive and boring

my xbox tag is "skold greypelt" i am a bit busy till sunday
    give us a pm if you want to set up some co-op

Finished it on legendary this morning, was a bitch! Had rly bad luck with checkpoints and did just cloak run past parts :-P will be on xboxlive soon i hope so will say tag when i get on :-D

Advertisement