Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Static pages

Options
  • 12-04-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi folks,

Have been messing around a bit with wordpress using it as a static website, have used the option on version 2.7 to use a static page as the homepage and then a seperate page for the blog however on my navigation I have an option for "home" and then also the page called "home" I created to use as the static page for the homepage of the site. How do I get rid of the original "home" tab or change things so there is only one and that it acts as the home page for the site.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

It depends on the template you are using but generally...

Go to: appearance > editor > select header/header.php (depending on your template) and look for the second 'home page' on it.
    The code will be something like

[HTML]<li class="page_item"><a href="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>">Homepage</a></li>[/HTML]

Just change the 'homepage' to 'news' or whatever you want it for and then update file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Party Central

Thanks for that, came across the solution afterwards here :

http://www.nagornyy.com/?p=225

But it says to comment out the line rather than change it to anything which seems to work fine.

Advertisement