Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tLL & Womens Mini Marathon - 1st June!

Options
  • 12-04-2009 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

What do you think ladies, are you interested in making a day of it at this year's Ladies Mini Marathon?

We know a lot of you are running it so we'd like to hear who you're running for and why. If people want to talk about the charities they're supporting, they can do so too - but just information, Ladies, not pushing.

You will get info here http://www.florawomensminimarathon.ie/ and closing date is 21st of April, know its not a lot of time but last minute thought!

Boards.ie charity

In case you didn't know about it, Boards has its own charity - the Santa Strike Force, and some of us will be running walking for it to raise money.

If you're interested, either reg online or with the application form in the Evening Herald, we are asking you guys to reg yourselves as they only people who are really interested in doing it will reg, when you have regged send a pm to either Myself, G'em or Wibbs with details and we will keep an eye on names.

When we have the full list we will pm each of you to get contact details will send out sponsership cards to you in the post.

On the day of the marathon we will meet in a specific location and i will have some tshirts done up, designed by 6th. After the marathon is over we shall head for beerage - to which everyone is welcome, no matter what charity you've run for...

I've added a poll, i will ask that you only vote yes if you are seriously interested and it will be public so lads no messing! I think we could have a great day while doing something very worthwhile!

Joining in tLL and the Mini Marathon 15 votes

Yes Definately Count Me In!
    0%
    No Can Do, Sorry
    60%
    g'emJulessiobhan.murphykeefs08notabotherhubbabubba09clodaghcellie1981peepeep 9 votes
    I'm Not Sure.. Have To Have A Think!
    40%
    rainbow kirbyRacoonQueenClare BearLollipops23JemmyLilym 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Sounds like a great idea Jules! whats the charity? I would love to do it but like i said il have a small think about it first... how much money would we have to raise each?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

No Can Do, Sorry
    Yeah a reply... the charity is SSF - Santa Strike Force http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=419

And there is no set amount, as long as your happy to pay the reg fee think its 15 euro, you could raise 20 quid and it would be great, every penny counts!

And BTW we will be walking it not running!

Jules wrote: »
    Yeah a reply... the charity is SSF - Santa Strike Force http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=419

And there is no set amount, as long as your happy to pay the reg fee think its 15 euro, you could raise 20 quid and it would be great, every penny counts!

And BTW we will be walking it not running!

ha ha brilliant! im leaning towards a yes... but its very possible that i am still under the influenece so want to be sober before i make the commitment! :) my friend last year did it and she had an online thing where you could donate money towards it/her? i couldnt see it on the flora marathon page?

No Can Do, Sorry
    Dont know about online donating thing we will have the ould fashioned cards and a pen!

Dont know about online donating thing we will have the ould fashioned cards and a pen!

ha ha thanks! where does one obtain these sponsorship cards? :)

• Advertisement

No Can Do, Sorry
    When you reg yourself you pm me and then ill post your card to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

No Can Do, Sorry
    Cool wats the santa strike fund for??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,577 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

keefs08 wrote: »
    Cool wats the santa strike fund for??:D
    it's a charity collection run by the good folks here at boards, around christmas time fundraising events are done to allow the owners of the site on behalf of the boards community buy kids who are sick in hospital over christmas get some much needed presents.

it's a great cause and i support it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I'm Not Sure.. Have To Have A Think!
    ah no i would have but im off to Australia on the 29th May, Ive dont it before its good craic!

I'll definitely sponsor someone tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

dam,,just saw this,,and i told rehab i'd do it for them,,,:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I'm going but already commited to a local cause but it would be nice to see other boardsies there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ooh, I might do it. But if I was doing it, I already know which charity I'd donate the money to .... would ye still allow me into Your presence on the day if I wasn't doing it for the SFF? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

No Can Do, Sorry
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Ooh, I might do it. But if I was doing it, I already know which charity I'd donate the money to .... would ye still allow me into Your presence on the day if I wasn't doing it for the SFF? ;)

Absolutely!! The point of this is to get women involved to raise money for whatever charity they support - at the end of the day it's all about raising the spondoolicks for good causes.

LADIES OF THE LADIES LOUNGE - COME RUN/ WALK/ SKIP/ HOP/ MEANDER/ AMBLE/ JOG WITH US!!

DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!! DO IT!!

I'm thinking about it G'em ;)

I could do with the challenge, and I have a cause very close to my heart that I'd like to donate themoney to.
    /me ponders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

So we can suggest other charities for people who haven't decided yet, can't we? I'm doing it with my six sisters* so I'll try and persuade them to walk it for the Boards team:)

We're going to be doing it for the Samaritans. Maybe if anyone hasn't yet decided what to do it for they'd consider doing it for them too? (All the info about them is here). Basically, someone I know helps out with them and was saying that they need around €1,000 a day to run the Dublin branch. They rely hugely on donations and fundraising events, and they dealt with over 100,000 contacts last year.

Most people probably know what they do, but just in case - they basically provide a listening ear to anyone going through a tough time. They work with people by phone, letter, email, text, volunteers in Temple Bar and people who drop into their offices.

Basically they've helped out a hell of a lot of people and they need a good bit of money to keep doing what they do so it's a worthy cause.

*Yes, insert your own jokes here about how our parents had no tv, long winter evenings, made their own entertainment etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Well I was going to do this but for some silly reason you can only collect your race number fri/sat or sun at the RDS and Im away for the weekend so that counts me out unfortunately:(.

No Can Do, Sorry
    SheRa wrote: »
    Well I was going to do this but for some silly reason you can only collect your race number fri/sat or sun at the RDS and Im away for the weekend so that counts me out unfortunately:(.

I will collect it for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Hmmm! I might do this and wear a wig or something?! =]

Ps. I am a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i'm collecting mine from elvery's,,

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

I just signed up!! Am taking part with a couple of friends. Would love to jog the whole thing, is 6 weeks enough to train for it do you think? Haven't run anywhere in a good few months!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Just signed up for the laugh there anyway.

Don't know yet it if I'll be around to do it on the day though...

I do have some awesome costume ideas though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

No Can Do, Sorry
    Hi Ladies!
    Im running the mini marathon this year but have to kick my ass fairly lively into serious training this week!

Im raising money for the Hospice Foundation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I'm going to jog/walk it, although i've done it before and i think i should make an effort to run it this time.. ouch! Am going to do it for Samaritans too - good luck to everyone taking part!

Boo, I didn't register in time to do it.

Good luck everyone!

Hermione* wrote: »
    Boo, I didn't register in time to do it.

Good luck everyone!

what there was a closing date! god damn it why am i so retarded! agh! damn this not having a printer, i was all ready the last day and it said i needed a printer and i dont have one.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I will collect it for you!
    Jules, thanks I really appreciate the offer. I'll PM you.
    tantipie wrote: »
    i'm collecting mine from elvery's,,
    Theres no elverys collection point in Dublin unfortunately, only the RDS>

No Can Do, Sorry
    Okie pokie, who ever is doing this for SSF can you om myself or g'em pretty please!

And she-ra ive not gotten that email yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Aw noooo is the closing date gone?:mad:.....I registered with my charity ages ago,but didn't get round to sending the cheque yet and getting my race number....am I too late to do that??:(:(:( xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Hi Jules and g'em,
    I usually post on the athletics forum and I'm running the mini this year and not planning on collecting money for charity this time around as I have a couple of other things coming up later in the year.

However, if I stay up in Dublin that night I'd love to meet up with some fellow boardsies and will be happy to sponsor one of ye SSF people a few yo-yo's.

Let me know what the plans are :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

hi there,,,

a friend tried to reg their mother in the marathon a couple of months ago but somehow did it wrong.

if anyone knows of anyone who is registered but doesnt want to do it now could you please let me know..

thanks

Advertisement