Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tLL & Womens Mini Marathon - 1st June!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Package wrote: »
    hi there,,,

a friend tried to reg their mother in the marathon a couple of months ago but somehow did it wrong.

if anyone knows of anyone who is registered but doesnt want to do it now could you please let me know..

thanks

Ah good stuff.. I was just coming in here to offer up my registration as I can't make it on monday.

Drop me a PM and I'll get the entry requirements to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

haha,, what timeing :)

pm on the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ladies, I'm doing the marathon tomorrow for Make A Wish, when and where are ye all meeting up??? Me and my mother in law would love to join ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Best of luck to you all...

Sorry I'm not making it along in the end... been on a bit of a bender all weekend and am in no fit state...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Good luck to all who have/are running or walking :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Good Luck Ladies sorry I cant be there! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

How'd everyone get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

my god,,the heat was unbearable. had a great day,,we walked it, no choice really,,and came in at 1hr38:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had a great day, thought I wouldn't be able to walk today, but am fine!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

jogged the lot (slowly) bar a short break at the water station. 1 hr 7 minutes 56 seconds :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm Not Sure.. Have To Have A Think!
    Wasn't doing the Womens Mini-Marathon, but was doing a leg in the Cork marathon relay of about the same distance (6.4 miles - just over 10k). Finished in 58 minutes, which is inside my 10k PB pace. :D

Roasted my arse off yesterday, but I'm about to lace up my running shoes again this morning :)

Congratulations to everyone who finished the Mini-Marathon, conditions certainly didn't make it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Finished it at 58 minutes and with a huge case of sunstroke (Irish colouring!).

Edit; confirmed by the Evening Herald that I finished it in 59.16.

Walls - P20 ftw :) I am naturally fair, with blonde hair and freckles, and I used P20 yesterday and didn't burn once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Actually this is what is mad; I didn't burn! I just got so dehydrated that I fell down when I got home. I tried to eat something and then lost it again, and collapsed into bed for a twelve hour snooze fest. I've a gentle spread of freckles but still feel shaky and tired today.

On a day like yesterday I'm not surprised about dehydration! I swear I must have put away about 4 litres of water through the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Congrats to everyone who did the mini marathon.

And also Rainbow Kirby - great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Some photos from the Mini Marathon up now on RacePix365.com if anyone is interested... You can search by your race number - if anyone finds themself and wants a better quality version of the photo just send me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Well done to everyone competing in the marathon. It must have been hard in the heat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

xebec wrote: »
    Some photos from the Mini Marathon up now on RacePix365.com if anyone is interested... You can search by your race number - if anyone finds themself and wants a better quality version of the photo just send me a PM.

...and if anyone else had any friends stood on the side of the road taking pictures as well then if they upload them to Flickr and then add the tags "RacePix365" and "minimarathon09" along with the race numbers of those in the picture then those pictures will also be searchable by others they may have got a snap of.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There is also a good selection of what I suspect are xebec's pictures of the mini-marathon in the June issue of the free running magazine Run Direct which just came out today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement