Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Theme Park

Options
  • 12-04-2009 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Like to get some opinion on this. With the current economic climate and the need for a tourism boost for Waterford, what would the possibility be of developing Tramore Amusement Park into a proper fully fledged theme park similar to Alton Towers, Thorpe Park etc
    The present amusement park is built on a huge acreage of land so I am sure space is not an issue. To me it would be fantastic to have Irelands first proper theme park in Tramore where we could attract visitors to the country. Any opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's a great idea...but I think it could be too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Population of the Whole of the republic is only circa 4m there is just not enough population to sustain something of this size anywhere on the island

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Well maybe Alton towers scale is stretching it a bit but the idea itself remains a good one.

People aren't going to have money to go abroard now and they'll be looking for somewhere in the country to visit. A simple enough re-development few new rides clean up the prom a bit and increase the water activites then why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My children love theme parks.

Pleasure Beach in Blackpool isn't spread out like other theme parks, all the rides are close to each other which I prefer. It's compact so you're going straight from one ride to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

deisemum wrote: »
    My children love theme parks.

Pleasure Beach in Blackpool isn't spread out like other theme parks, all the rides are close to each other which I prefer. It's compact so you're going straight from one ride to the next.

I love theme parks to, but we just don't have the population.

Pop of greater Manchester is circa 2.5 M
    pop of Liverpool is circa 816,000
    Pop of Blackpool circa 150,000

therefore just these two cities and blackppol is almost equal to the pop of the whole of Ireland

and another fact "More than 17 million tourists flock to the resort every year, to see the tower and the resort's other famous attractions, including the promenade trams, the three piers, the Illuminations and Blackpool Pleasure Beach"

from http://legacy.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashire/blackpool/info/guide.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moved to Waterford County.

I personally would prefer the arcade was re-located towards the dump rather then slap bang in the middle of Tramore. I also don't think we need a larger park, the one we have is fine. You would be surprised the amount of people who hate the arcades in Tramore, knock it in tourism guides etc. The place has improved, but the last thing we need is an expansion of the park. Just my view anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

There has always being talk of this through-out the years. The biggest problem apart from the above mentioned is that the rides in the park are owned by separate family groups and not by one group or company. What is there has vastly improved in the last couple of years owing to a management group responsible for the running of the park and improving it.

Advertisement