Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: ADMIN OR SMOD.

Options
  • 12-04-2009 4:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, but what happened to the Boards.ie policy of not accepting applications for modship from users directly.

i.e. if there was a mod spot opened and I (anyone) stated my interest in it, 3-4n years ago I (anyone) would have automatically been rejected for the position where as not it seems to be the norm (AF looking for new mod, soccer forums last mod was given spot same way).

Just seems that a a lot of recent mods have been given the position after they nominated themselves for the position and it's not how things should be done.

Nominations should (used to) come from the comunity (within reason; I don't expect Bubbles to be given modship!) and I honestly thought boards still operated on thos principal.

If I'm out of line posting this then sorry, I'm not trying to undermind Tom or anyone else, I appriciate the effert the admin team have put in over the years so that we can ahve a free and open platform for discussion/debate but I just had to question this for my own piece of mind.

Seán.

Please excuse any spelling/grammar mistakes, I am dyslexic, I have spent 9 hours finishing my thesis and I do have a splitting headache so I can't be perfect!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Seaneh wrote: »
    i.e. if there was a mod spot opened and I (anyone) stated my interest in it, 3-4n years ago I (anyone) would have automatically been rejected

To a large degree that still is the case.
    The only forums I am aware of that do this are Soccer and After Hours.
    Most forum Mods already know who they would like to replace them if they no longer wish to be Mod.
    Just seems that a a lot of recent mods have been given the position after they nominated themselves for the position and it's not how things should be done.

I would not say a lot, I would say a few.
    Just because some nominated themselves, doesn't mean they will automatically get the job.
    However some bigger forums like soccer and after hours do this to gage an interest and also to see if someone pops up that they had forgotten about.
    It is then discussed by the Mods, in depth before a decision is reached.
    The Mods will not just let anyone become a new Mod, the person still has to have a level head and some cop on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ok, answer given and I accept it.

Thanks Beruthiel.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

No problemo. :)

Advertisement