Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAKO Finnfire.

Options
  • 12-04-2009 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭

Hello all, When did SAKO stop making the finnfire??? am starting to look around for a .22 to buy in a months or so time, ive got/had one here and loved it and was thinking investing in another in Ireland, but much to my horror the production has been ceased (dont know when or why) and they now have a "Quad", a rifle that has 4 different barrels, one of them being a .22lr.

Has anyone have one or had a go of one at the range and can give a account of what they think of it, im a bit dubious about anything that tries to be more than what it is designed for, or if anyone has a old SAKO finnfire thats sitting idle and can sit on it until i organise my liscence send us a PM by all means. cheers

Anthony.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

The Aussie wrote: »
    Hello all, When did SAKO stop making the finnfire??? am starting to look around for a .22 to buy in a months or so time, ive got/had one here and loved it and was thinking investing in another in Ireland, but much to my horror the production has been ceased (dont know when or why) and they now have a "Quad", a rifle that has 4 different barrels, one of them being a .22lr.

Has anyone have one or had a go of one at the range and can give a account of what they think of it, im a bit dubious about anything that tries to be more than what it is designed for, or if anyone has a old SAKO finnfire thats sitting idle and can sit on it until i organise my liscence send us a PM by all means. cheers

Anthony.
    Sako stopped making them 5/6 years ago, they are very scarce but there is a few still around, A good bet for one is jim griffin (firearms dealer)at rahan in offaly 0579355979 or go down to Midlands range in tullamore and talk to him, there's also a very good chance that some of the lads might give you a shot, there's a good few finnfires down there, brian has a target version,(same action and heavy barrel as the varmint but target stock)
    It dose what it claims, a very accurate .22 rimfire that feels like a centrefire. I fired a couple magazines out one at the range a few years ago and fell in love straight away, Alot of phone calls later I got mine of James macbride in athlone for €700, I 've it rebarreled since , it didnt need it but i got the chance of a Lija barrel and put it on, its just as accurate as original barrel (which says alot lot about sako factory barrels)
    Find one, buy one and you won't be dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Triskell. I had the Heavy Barrel (Varnint) version over here, you can't but love the accuracy, I had a brno model 2 before that, made it look like a shot gun grouping wise and really want another finnfire, could you PM me the web site or email address for Jim Griffin or if there is a shop operating out of the midlands range, anyone try the SAKO QUAD out of interest.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Moved to general Shooting forum.

I have a Finnfire Varmint, and I'm very fond of it indeed.
    Excepting some extraordinary unforeseen circumstance, I don't anticipate ever disposing of it.

I got mine a few years ago from Jim Griffin in The Tackle Shop.
    He's also deeply involved in the Midlands range, and is there most Saturdays and Sundays.

The Quad is by all accounts an excellent rifle too, and is also available with a wood stock, which appears to slot it neatly into the place vacated by the Finnfire.
    Lots of firsthand experience to be found at RimfireCentral:
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Rovi wrote: »
    Excepting some extraordinary unforeseen circumstance, I don't anticipate ever disposing of it.

Rovi, Does that mean your going sell it to me, dont mind what everyone else says about you, i think your a champion bloke, i will get all the paperwork sorted and send you a PM, same model as i just parted with and all, good man.

Anthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

The Aussie wrote: »
    Rovi, Does that mean your going sell it to me, dont mind what everyone else says about you, i think your a champion bloke, i will get all the paperwork sorted and send you a PM, same model as i just parted with and all, good man.

Anthony

Stakelums had one s/h ring Sean on 056 8831018. I know the prev owner it won't have been abused ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Stakelums had one s/h ring Sean on 056 8831018. I know the prev owner it won't have been abused ;)
    Now relocated to Thurles, at the Railway yard by the train station.

Advertisement