Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*uck YOU! yeah You heard me ! Fu*ck U!

Options
  • 12-04-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

So when was it last when u really lost it at a game?! aka Raged outta control

for me its been a while but i can trace the last time i lost it and created a lovely crack in my door because Darth Vader from the Empire Strikes back on the snes beat me on the final level

Not my first ever rage,but a memeroble one..........
    got all the egges in treasure island Dizzy and then jumped off a tree for a shortcut..........to death.

it still haunts me to this day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭budweiserfrogie

You are talking about 4 year olds arn't you?
    Sounds like the brat needs a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The end of Resident Evil 5. I tried to kill Wesker like 30 times but i didn't have enough ammo so i just gave up and through the controller across the room. it was shoite game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Twice in the last week I lunged for the off switch on my xbox and switched it off. Both times, the game was Tomb Raider Anniversary.

The first time was that #%@#ing wall jump in the Damocles room. The second time was that 2 minute timed run to get an artifact in Egypt (you have to do a flawless series of jumps, shimmies, a wall run (that you have to get first time) and reach a retracting pole with seconds to spare.

Not a rage exactly, but enough to make me turn off the game in disgust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Killzone 2 - Radec

Enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Kept dying in CoD WaW when I tried to play "Burn 'em out" on Veteran. Too ****ing hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

That bit on Cod: WaW where you have to take out the german flamethrower. Goddamn that annoyed me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The 'spin the wheel' section in Ready! Steady! Go! in Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan has been giving me trouble for the best part of two years now. I don't know why, as it should be easy enough, but I just can't manage it.

Also had to retry that 'Frank' level in Madworld a couple of times the other day. Its not even particularly hard. After going out of my way to complete the time consuming 'impale the mini-boss with seven signs' challenge, the lives limit kept getting the better of me when I got electrocuted by the end of level boss and had to start all over again. And again. But only again twice because I gave up after that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For single players games? Generally no I don't lose the rag, but sometimes I get a bit tetchy when playing multiplayer; if I get spammed by some cheap-ass in RA3 for instance, or get constantly sniped by the same sniper in TF2. I might then throw out a few expletives :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jaffa20 wrote: »
    The end of Resident Evil 5. I tried to kill Wesker like 30 times but i didn't have enough ammo so i just gave up and through the controller across the room. it was shoite game anyway.

That was actually an easy boss fight... The only annoying part was actually getting to the part of it where you have to fight him head on.

SFIV - Seth... Nuff said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Well. No point buying the game now that I KNOW HOW IT ENDS...

I have repeatedly destroyed FIFA CDs. The most heinous can of piss was FIFA 99 for the PSX. I really enjoyed shattering that. The game cheats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Well. No point buying the game now that I KNOW HOW IT ENDS...
    Haha, priceless.
    I have repeatedly destroyed FIFA CDs. The most heinous can of piss was FIFA 99 for the PSX. I really enjoyed shattering that. The game cheats.
    Thats why I dont play football games, one of those PSX CD's wasn't mine...
    Recently, the water temple in Majoras Mask, what a ****ing bitch!
    And of course, noobs on L4D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's a lot of anger. You kids aren't well. I mean, sure, I'm as guilty as anyone of yelling "You f*cking COCKBAG! I was one kill away from the chopper, I hate you and all you stand for, you M60-loving wall-punching WANKER!" but throwing things about and damaging stuff? That's not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I broke an LCD screen after losing in Yahoo pool, I then learned not to go for the dear stuff. After the first slap I thought it would take a few more. They make them too resilient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Street Fighter IV has done that to me a few times lately, as has Pro Evo actually.

(and for the record, I'm old enough to know better and I have friends the same age as me who are the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I cant remember the game but I remember an incident involving me going mental after dying in a game whilst playing my C64. I threw the joystick across the room and due to the 'not very long' lead still being attached, the Commodore itself promptly followed it through the air.
    I still remember the terror as I picked it up and tried switching it on. There was a nice chunk of plastic missing from one side but it still worked.... Phew!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Resi 5 on single player when that stupid **** of a partner of mine ends up getting us both killed by firing at a wall for 2 minutes during a boss fight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Left 4 Dead really makes me want to stab my own mates for being so pathetically brain dead. Probably the most frustrating game to play if you have a sh1t team and many a time iv been huntered while my team mates stood next to me oblivious to what was going on. Well **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Mr E wrote: »
    The first time was that #%@#ing wall jump in the Damocles room.

lol, that wall jump sucks ass... the only way I managed to get by it was remapping the d-pad to be used for movement instead of the analogue stick. Oh and btw... if you liked the Damocles room then you are going to absolutely love The Great Pyramid level :D I'd recommend quitting now before even attempting it, or call your doctor now and tell him to expect you in with a brain aneurysm in the next week or so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Single players: no
    Multi players: yes

BF2 was my main rage game, quickly followed by CS:S, crashes and lag resulted in more than just expletives. I broke 2 keyboards, 1 mouse and 2 mouse pads as well as the occasionally grazed knuckles from punching the table/wall.

Oddly enough these are the only 2 games that make me rage. After a one year break from bf2 I went back to try it out and I noticed myself quickly returning to my destructive ways, so I thought it best to leave it uninstalled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Getting to the end of Revenge of Shinobi on the Mega Drive only to be repeatedly whipped by that last freak of a boss. I hated that stupid Maze.

Getting an absolutely huge high score in mercs in Resi 4 and getting killed by a chainsaw sister with three seconds left of time.

One of my Shenmue 2 discs was completely fubar. Any time a loading screen appeared the game had a 50/50 chance of crashing. Still, I cleared it twice and then I bought it on the Xbox! Would you like a game of Lucky Hit?

Alma from Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when i went out and spent 300 quid on a original xbox and a copy of halo.

suffice to say the pad oddly survived, but the console didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I don't really snap anymore, If I get too annoyed playing (usually on the hardest difficulty or multiplayer) I just turn the xbox/pc off and do something else. When I was a kid though, I got really pissed off at street fighter... I think I punched a wall at one stage.. :p And the really old multiplayer games against my older brother like boxing where he'd just use the same move over and over just made me snap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Oh and btw... if you liked the Damocles room then you are going to absolutely love The Great Pyramid level :D I'd recommend quitting now before even attempting it, or call your doctor now and tell him to expect you in with a brain aneurysm in the next week or so :P

Ah crap... cheers. Just about to start that now (after 15 attempts to get the artifact on the perch-jumping bit in Natla's mines before it) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I think everyone can agree..cod4/WAW on veteran

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Rage against the machine are a great band but a lousy approach to life :)

I only get annoyed with games I love, Prince of Persia Sands of Time for example! Kung Fu Chaos was similar.

Bad games or games that are just ridiculously tough, I just put down and dont play again. No point in damaging anything!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Same thing happened to me so i just knifed the fecker, then run away when he motions to do that close range move, its fairly damn easy. As said the part before that is a pisser, my mate couldn't for the life of him press the buttons fast enough when prompted leaving me to switch controllers with him when it came to chris' time to shine, actually playing with him was infuriating as he's the worst co-op player ever, i'd hate to play L4D with him, my god that'd be annoying. Great guy though!

Soby wrote: »
    I think everyone can agree..cod4/WAW on veteran

I'm playing Modern Warfare at the moment on Veteran. My first time playing it, and I jumped in at the hardest difficulty. My friend told me I'd finish it in a day on normal difficulty. I've been playing it for about two weeks now. I sit. I clear one segment after X many deaths and I turn it off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Skate 2 trying to do the Lucas's translation challenge. It was the last thing i had to do in the game and I couldn't get it. I didn't play it for about 2 weeks, then went back to it. I don't really get into a rage, I just leave it for a while then go back to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The last ones I can remember were roaring at the screen while playing that bit in ninja gaiden in the shaft and playing Ready! Steady! Go! in Ouendan on the hardest level. I threw the stylus across the room a few times and ended up breaking the nib off the top of it.

• Advertisement

Would that be the tunnel boss guy, Retro? Speaking of NG2, the exploding shurikans had me yelling some abuse.

Advertisement