Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*uck YOU! yeah You heard me ! Fu*ck U!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Sandor wrote: »
    I'm playing Modern Warfare at the moment on Veteran. My first time playing it, and I jumped in at the hardest difficulty. My friend told me I'd finish it in a day on normal difficulty. I've been playing it for about two weeks now. I sit. I clear one segment after X many deaths and I turn it off again.
    I don't see the point of that. You're losing all the flow of the game and it becomes an arduous task to progress instead of having fun pretending to be a special ops soldier. Drop a difficulty level and enjoy the game.

I've never broken anything but I would swear at my monitor a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I am enjoying the game. Usually I'll play for the fun, MW I'm playing for the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Street Fighter 4.

But its mostly anger at myself when I do something retarded online that costs me a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I tend to keep my cool very well

my multiplayer experiances were raised on pre voice comm so my frustration is always a quick Y and random pressings of buttons to the cold abyss. Which calmed me down easily enough.

I have a friend though who is nowhere near as calm as myself, he would loose it very easily and in a big way. During a Halo 2 match he put the xbox controller through his TV because an annoying friend of ours kept being a dick with the rpg.

Similar during COD4 you could hear him punching the wall when he gets shot over xbox live.

he's fun to play with :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sandor wrote: »
    Would that be the tunnel boss guy, Retro? Speaking of NG2, the exploding shurikans had me yelling some abuse.

Not even a boss. It was three zombie archers sitting halfway up a shaft you had to platform up that kept knocking me off and respawning when I went back up. Took about an hour to get past. This is NG1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Mr E wrote: »
    Tomb Raider Anniversary.

The first time was that #%@#ing wall jump in the Damocles room.
    Oh christ thats after bringing back some homicidal memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not even a boss. It was three zombie archers sitting halfway up a shaft you had to platform up that kept knocking me off and respawning when I went back up. Took about an hour to get past. This is NG1.

I did that part recently in Ninja Gaiden Sigma and it is indeed annoying. Always the last zombie who knocks you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

seanybiker wrote: »
    Oh christ thats after bringing back some homicidal memories.
    The trick (and I had to watch it on youtube) was waiting until lara turned around at the top of the swing (as soon as you saw her face, push away and jump). I'm on the final conflict now (Pyramid was cake). Played it on Hard and got all the artifacts, so it was a good challenging run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Twice in the last week I lunged for the off switch on my xbox and switched it off. Both times, the game was Tomb Raider Anniversary.

The first time was that #%@#ing wall jump in the Damocles room. The second time was that 2 minute timed run to get an artifact in Egypt (you have to do a flawless series of jumps, shimmies, a wall run (that you have to get first time) and reach a retracting pole with seconds to spare.

Not a rage exactly, but enough to make me turn off the game in disgust.

I remember my brother in law just couldn't do that Damocles room and I managed to crack it for him.
    RealJohn wrote: »
    Street Fighter IV has done that to me a few times lately, as has Pro Evo actually.

(and for the record, I'm old enough to know better and I have friends the same age as me who are the same)

Don't think I'll be buying SF4 anytime soon then.

I have a long laundry list of losing it in front of computer games.

Punched a friend when he rang the doorbell whilst I was playing centipede, getting me killed in the process.
    Broke a hole thru my NES Battletoads cart, thanks to the notorious Speedbike section in it.
    I have gone thru 5 FIFA 2003 disks and about the same amount of control pads. My prob is that every time I aimed for a clean sheet I'd do something stupid in the last seconds and concede a goal. That would make me lose it completely.
    The Megaman series of vid games have drove me to despair at times also.
    Punched my tv screen, driving the tv into the wall behind and leaving a big dent on the wall as a result.
    Elbowed my friend's lightswitch off the wall. (Felt pretty embarrassed about that one).

Too many other incidents to list here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just had a screaming session with the TV. Was about to leave Tartarus (sp?) and got killed by the last enemy because my stupid character missed 3 attacks in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Tomb Raider Anniversary, the centaur bosses at the end of the Ticohan level, the ones that can turn you to stone, did it in for me :pac:

That, and the asteroid shooting bit in Dead Space.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Seth in SF4 and Jinpachi in Tekken 5
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Most games that I lose at (which can be quite a few games!). Most recent:
    QuakeLive - because a) it won't let me connect to a server or b) I finally get into a game and suck badly!

FIFA 09 - Have started to hate the game. So frustrating! Sick of seeing the words "Position" or "jostle" in red! Stupid computer! I'm like Rooney, I track back! Or, you put me back for a corner so why should I sprint forward and leave massive gaps! Plus I'm not the greatest at the game - may switch for a more arcadey PES.

From the past:
    Championship Manager - Worst game to make me rage ever...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KarlNedCarew

PES 2009.:mad:
    Was recently playing my master league and the random computer controlled player tackle got me one red card, opposition player walking over my player on the floor got me a 2nd red and finally a third for a tackle where i got the ball and then the players trailing leg caught the player.

I cracked the controller casing i threw it so hard:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tomb Raider Anniversary, the centaur bosses at the end of the Ticohan level, the ones that can turn you to stone, did it in for me :pac:
    Easy once you realise that they only turn you to stone if you have your guns out. Fun boss battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The trick (and I had to watch it on youtube) was waiting until lara turned around at the top of the swing (as soon as you saw her face, push away and jump). I'm on the final conflict now (Pyramid was cake). Played it on Hard and got all the artifacts, so it was a good challenging run.
    Didnt play it in a bit. Cant remember where I am in it lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Got Tiger Woods golf a couple of years ago and it drove me crazy. It was always infuriating when i was up a couple of shots but then get a bad hole and i'd be behind. I got so sick of it i traded it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Well just today I've had to repeat the feckin end mission in GTA4

Every time I do it something completely different goes wrong to **** it up. In fact, I got furthest the first time I tried it and have gotten progressively worse.

From ramping straight into water, to landing chopper in water, to falling off the roof instead of grabbing the ladder, it goes on and on.

So I went on a 2 hour 5 star wanted killing spree on Happiness Island :D

When I was 7 or so playing my brother's Atari ST I was effing and blinding after something happened either with bubble bobble or something else. My Dad heard me....

I tend to keep my cool with games since then despite to rage building up inside :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just had a screaming session with the TV. Was about to leave Tartarus (sp?) and got killed by the last enemy because my stupid character missed 3 attacks in a row.

Heh that **** happens alright. When you get hit by a surprise attack while casually strolling to the exit point only for the four enemies to unleash a ****storm of unfairness upon you and your party... Particularly annoying when you have levelled up a good bit.

Wait til you get to the last boss though. I'm not spoiling any details here, but lets just say at 4 in the morning (me thinking it was half 2), after an hour and a half at a SINGLE attempt (the amount of different forms it takes is absurd) only to be killed when he had a mere tenth of his health left, I wanted to scream, and would have if everyone else in the house hadn't of been getting up in three hours. Killing that ****er the second time (after another three or four hours of grinding) was beyond satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I tend to keep my cool playing games, but that fecking ferris wheel in COD4 drove me fukking nuts :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

That part is fun. Just throw a lot of C4 on the cars.

KA BOOM!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That bloody COD4 level near the end, with the count down ticking and you're in the bunker, after 2 months of that level and dying again and again I jacked it in and traded the thing, not often I do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Geometry Wars 2. Spent hours and hours trying to get the Smile achievement before smashing my controller against the wall in frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That bloody COD4 level near the end, with the count down ticking and you're in the bunker, after 2 months of that level and dying again and again I jacked it in and traded the thing, not often I do that...

Nah worst was the bonus level on the plane.Cause of that timer i worked out it took me at least 200 tries and a few controller hits to the telle to get it. On Veteran btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

orestes wrote: »
    I tend to keep my cool playing games, but that fecking ferris wheel in COD4 drove me fukking nuts :mad:
    That bit took me ages.. i tried everything... i eventually passed it by going behind one of the buildings and there was a corridor near it... just killed eveyone that came around the corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Empire Total War: An enemy army was besieging a force of mine three times as big so I said to myself "Ah sure, i'll auto resolve. I can't lose" and you know what ? I lost, wait actually, I didn't just lose ! I got slapped around. We're talking 2300 lost to 53 killed !! How is that even possible ?!?!

That was a huge "WTF !!!" moment for me recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

God of War, that bits with the spikes on the floor and you'd to drag the crate and get in position before the spikes shot up.

Championship manager 99/00, i was 3-0 up against united on the first leg at OT. went 1 up in the home leg at highbury and went defensive they scored 4 goals in the last 15 minutes. I broke a mouse and keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Championship manager 99/00, i was 3-0 up against united on the first leg at OT. went 1 up in the home leg at highbury and went defensive they scored 4 goals in the last 15 minutes. I broke a mouse and keyboard.
    Some people just dont like reality :pac:

Just had another hor of progress erased in Persona 3. God I love this game but it's infuriating some times. I just dropped the controller in utter shock at the unfairness of it. 2 pretty normal enemies I hit it with it's weakness but missed and then the little ****ers unleashed 2 full party attacks that brought my main character from 100% health to dead :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Tried to play Resident Evil 1 on psx without a memory card...son of a b#@ch hunters!
    Level 2 in Shinobi on the mega drive! The vertical poles you've to jump on drove me bonkers. And the big jump in the docks level cost my livin room door a hole lol
    I snapped fifa 99 to bits after I dragged the surface along a dash wall with a smile on my face! World class was just ridiculous.
    Football Manager 09...I chipped one of my teeth grinding my teeth trying to play as Liverfools

Advertisement