Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*uck YOU! yeah You heard me ! Fu*ck U!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I dont care what anyone says, but Pro Evo 4 and upwards really enraged me, with the so-called 'you're really good but for the sake of it gonna keep the scores tight and let your 10 year old win by a total fluke' kinda thing.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

God of War, that bits with the spikes on the floor and you'd to drag the crate and get in position before the spikes shot up.

Championship manager 99/00, i was 3-0 up against united on the first leg at OT. went 1 up in the home leg at highbury and went defensive they scored 4 goals in the last 15 minutes. I broke a mouse and keyboard.

That game drove me insane. I picked Celtic as my team and I was getting hammered 4-0 by Aberdeen at home. I whipped the disk out of my computer and whacked it several times off the wall."GOAL FOR ABERDEEN! GOAL FOR ABERDEEN!" GAAAAHHH!!!
    Dboy85 wrote: »
    I snapped fifa 99 to bits after I dragged the surface along a dash wall with a smile on my face! World class was just ridiculous.

I played FIFA 99 so much on the N64 I became quite adept on World Class difficulty. Won the Bundesliga with Kaiserslautern on world class, played 36, won 35, drew 1 after signing Henrik Larsson as my top striker, he got me 55 goals. Only conceded 10 goals all season as well:-)

Lost it with FIFA 09 last night, playing as Leeds United in Coca Cola League one on Manager mode. Thanks to the sh!tty defensive controls I found myself conceding an average of two goals a game. My 2 centre halves just kept clattering into each other, leaving the opposition player clean thru on goal. Whacked the controller off my forehead in frustration and now I have 2 big scrapes on my forehead. Think I have serious problems:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Pro Evo 2009. Controller + balcony door. Nightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just had another hor of progress erased in Persona 3. God I love this game but it's infuriating some times. I just dropped the controller in utter shock at the unfairness of it. 2 pretty normal enemies I hit it with it's weakness but missed and then the little ****ers unleashed 2 full party attacks that brought my main character from 100% health to dead :'(

Save points few and far between?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm on the final conflict now (Pyramid was cake).

I don't know how you found the damocles room difficult and not the pyramid (when you have to climb up the timed 5 platforms). I found that so infuriating, the timed runs with retracting swings, the exploding sacks with baddies in them, the really... really crappy camera angles, and being unable to dodge the baddies shots because if I rolled to dodge I'd roll off the ledge. Man that pyramid chamber was a pain :mad:
    Seth in SF4 and Jinpachi in Tekken 5
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

No way, Jinpachi is way easier than Seth. Seth is just a cheap bastard who keeps teleporting and doing piledrivers. If a real player played like him they'd receive nothing but constant boos and ridicule. At least with Jinpachi you could side step his stomach laser (or whatever that thing was called lol :pac:)

Seth made me resort to being cheap, I'd jump in do a high then low kick, then jump away and repeat. For most characters this worked on him, but it felt dirty as it was so cheap and lacked any style. As soon as I'd try anything different he'd warp behind me and pile drive me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

"I played FIFA 99 so much on the N64 I became quite adept on World Class difficulty"....F#@k you!:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Save points few and far between?

Well not in the daily life section but yeah in the main dungeon it's a real slog between save points. There's one before each boss fight but at the moment there's 10+ floors of dungeon between the boss fights. And it doesn't help that your characters get tired and more useless as you battle. I think I should just level up a bit until I get to the stage were I can get up the 10+ floors without getting the **** kicked out of me in one round of fighting :) It can be a little old school in it's difficulty like most atlus games.

Don't let it put you off the game, it's the best JRPG I've played in years.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

orestes wrote: »
    I tend to keep my cool playing games, but that fecking ferris wheel in COD4 drove me fukking nuts :mad:

Feck, before reading your post I was just thinking it has been ages since I last lost with a game.

Making it worse was my nephew was watching me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

- Super Battletoads - used to play NES in my friends house...till i played that

- Battlefield 2 - getting spawnraped on carriers...or 7 ppl whoring the jets...and if they didnt get it theyd jump in front of the plane making you teamkill and get you kicked/banned :mad:

Guitar Hero/Rockband - some of the songs are just in there to crush a persons spirit and make their fingers bleed

Grim Fandango/Broken sword series !! - Trying ever little item you have on the most random things....tryin to use a baloon with a picture frame, or a scissors with a cup in the hope of something working. So many times i had to turn them games off in anger and check poxy FAQ/Walkthroughs

Well not in the daily life section but yeah in the main dungeon it's a real slog between save points. There's one before each boss fight but at the moment there's 10+ floors of dungeon between the boss fights. And it doesn't help that your characters get tired and more useless as you battle. I think I should just level up a bit until I get to the stage were I can get up the 10+ floors without getting the **** kicked out of me in one round of fighting :) It can be a little old school in it's difficulty like most atlus games.

I have a copy in the post at the moment. Just remind me of the type of game were you struggle to last boss then get he cheats you out of a boss kill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Grinding is alas the order of the day in Persona 3. I still think its my favourite game of the last few years, but you will need to level up at a fairly hasty pace to get past the mid level bosses and what not. To a degree though I think it is usually your own stubbornness that gets you killed - regular saves and realistic advancing help. The Answer is a lot harder though - played the first hour, and got pummelled again and again. Think I'll just move straight on to Persona 4 when I have some time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well about to start into another hour of it. I think I'll duck out of Tartarus when my characters get tired from now on and then do a run for the top avoiding enemies when I've enough levels to take the boss on. I should be cursing this games toughness but the battle system is so good and the school day stuff is just so compelling. It really is brilliant.

Well about to start into another hour of it. I think I'll duck out of Tartarus when my characters get tired from now on and then do a run for the top avoiding enemies when I've enough levels to take the boss on. I should be cursing this games toughness but the battle system is so good and the school day stuff is just so compelling. It really is brilliant.

I watched some vids on YouTube. They had Japanese writing so were japan release, does the eu version have that j-pop music?

I watched some vids on YouTube. They had Japanese writing so were japan release, does the eu version have that j-pop music?

Yep they changed nothing. Some of the music is cheesy as **** but very catchy :) Loads of engrish lyrics as well. Suits it well since the game couldn't be more japanese if it tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Defenders in Fifa'09 just standing there like simpletons watching as the ball roll's into an attackers path.

Seth SFIV.

Racing that giant pig type thing around the island on Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 all those years ago.

Being 1-0 up in Master League in Pro evolution 2(iirc) and inevitably losing to 2 45yd screamers in the 92nd & 93rd minutes.

more to follow i'd imagine.....

The last dungeon in Final Fantasy 3 can go suck my cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Was doing like 20 laps to beat a certain record time, Coming near the finish line with all my mates cheering me on, Held onto the accelerator button and jumped up to celebrate...

*SMASH*

I hit the finish line pole that holds up the finish flag, i was worse than the hulk! Everyone laughing at me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Call of Juarez sunday night, good game but some parts are stupidly hard. The amount of cheap kills the injuns got on me was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I have gone through a few keyboards, about 4 mics/headsets, a couple of control pads etc etc. Rage is good, once it is channeled to something replacable. :)

I cannot remember what games or what parts of the games I lost it.... but something along the lines of this:

Or on a really bad day... something like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Every time I choke in rock band/guitar hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Empire Total War: An enemy army was besieging a force of mine three times as big so I said to myself "Ah sure, i'll auto resolve. I can't lose" and you know what ? I lost, wait actually, I didn't just lose ! I got slapped around. We're talking 2300 lost to 53 killed !! How is that even possible ?!?!

That was a huge "WTF !!!" moment for me recently.

Never EVER auto resolve! Did it once when my army was running away (*sigh). The AI army had stopped, quite content in watching my little men hoofing it for the hills. I auto-resolve with a decent army left....Cue looking at the battle report screen in disbelief as many more fell to a phantom army.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It wasn't even during the battle it was right before it on the strat map ! It wasn't even funny when it happened. Stuff like that should not happen at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Every time I choke in rock band/guitar hero

At least you don't do a JLC, amirite?
    On the subject of guitar hero, I've failed TTFAF at the descending trips in Twin Solo and Jordan at the BNoF..... trust me, anyone who knows what I'm talking about would understand I was MAJORLY F*UCKING PISSED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

RHRN wrote: »
    At least you don't do a JLC, amirite?
    On the subject of guitar hero, I've failed TTFAF at the descending trips in Twin Solo and Jordan at the BNoF..... trust me, anyone who knows what I'm talking about would understand I was MAJORLY F*UCKING PISSED

Both of these happened to me too,luckily with Jordan I passed it on my next try.
    The first time I passed ttfaf I went into the red in the last 10 seconds of the song,the R-B-R-O-R-B-R-O hammer on thing at the end caught me off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

eddiehead wrote: »
    Defenders in Fifa'09 just standing there like simpletons watching as the ball roll's into an attackers path.

Seth SFIV.

Racing that giant pig type thing around the island on Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 all those years ago.

Being 1-0 up in Master League in Pro evolution 2(iirc) and inevitably losing to 2 45yd screamers in the 92nd & 93rd minutes.

more to follow i'd imagine.....

The defence system in FIFA 09 can be quite poor at times. A lot of the time the 2 centre halves get in each other's way and often clatter into each other.

Seth is bloody tough, managed to beat him using M Bison but it took about four attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Championship Manager - Worst game to make me rage ever...

CM/FM are probably the only single player games I've ever seriously lost if with. Conceding two late goals to win a cup game and swearing blind at the PC was bad enough, but having to sheepishly suffer the pitying look from my gf who's wondering why I'm ranting about an imaginary football match was worse.
    chamlis wrote: »
    Well just today I've had to repeat the feckin end mission in GTA4

Every time I do it something completely different goes wrong to **** it up. In fact, I got furthest the first time I tried it and have gotten progressively worse.
    I just gave up in the end, it's a bit daft. I got sick of it where I reached the point where I knew the warehouse so well I was pretty much headshotting my way through it with a pistol, reaching the helicopter most of the time, and then losing out to the horrible control system which I had about 2 seconds to get to grips with before I ran out of time. I know I could have gone back to an earlier save and practiced a bit, but it was too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Gruntilda at the end of BanjoKazooie. That has to be one of the hardest boss battles I've done in a while.

Worst thing is, when u do end up winning it always seems much easier than u expected.

CM was a nightmare back in the day. Think one of the European cup finals against Roma gave me brain damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Jesus christ, what a ****ing eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Jesus christ, what a ****ing eejit.
    Best episode of Celebrity Bainisteor EVER.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have gone through a few keyboards, about 4 mics/headsets, a couple of control pads etc etc. Rage is good, once it is channeled to something replacable. :)

I cannot remember what games or what parts of the games I lost it.... but something along the lines of this:

Jesus, is that for real? I mean we've all seen the video of the German kid spazzing out playing UT, but god. It's as much funny as is it pathetic. This is precisely why I stay the fook away from MMOs

Advertisement