Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Glass

• 12-04-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any word on the visitor centre re-opening, I have tourists asking? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

This Tuesday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is this a temporary thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Don't think so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I thought it was all being shut down. Though news reports have been very sketchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I worked there before it closed and I still havn't been told what the hell's going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

According to Failte Irl
    The Waterford Crystal Centre will re-open the showroom on Tuesday April 14th and the factory tour will resume in approximately 4 -5 weeks

The Crystal Centre will open from 9-5 from Tuesday 14 seven days per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

depaor wrote: »
    According to Failte Irl
    The Waterford Crystal Centre will re-open the showroom on Tuesday April 14th and the factory tour will resume in approximately 4 -5 weeks

The Crystal Centre will open from 9-5 from Tuesday 14 seven days per week.

Really?
    Hope there's still a job there for me for the summer :(

A direct email from Failte Ireland, seems to have changed a little from earlier reports;
    The Waterford Crystal Visitor Centre has reopened for visitors from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.

Please note there are no Factory Tours this season. That said, as of June a new revised Visitor Experience will commence in our Visitor Centre to include:

- An Audio Visual Presentation – Waterford Manufacturing
    - World Sports Trophy Exhibition
    - Time Square Millennium Ball presentation
    - And a demonstration of Cutting & Engraving

Advertisement