Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Howth wildlife. (C&C Please)

• 12-04-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Not as sharp as I would have liked but a good action shot I think.
    dinner.jpg

Liked this one and then realised I missed his feet. Ruins it a bit but I still like the clarity in his eyes.
    moregull.jpg

seagull.jpg

seal.jpg
    It was very windy last night. I am terrified of heights and getting closer to the edge was not an option for me. The seals were being fed by visitors and this guy came over to me. I think he thought I had food for him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I like #3.

#1 is a very good capture though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

In no 1. Someone had thrown the fish to the seals and the birds swooped. It really was a quick press of the button. The shadow under the bird is actually one of the seals. I just wish I had been a bit quicker, one of the first shots I took. Never happened again so no opportunity.

Thanks for the c&c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

We must have been there at the same time. I've never seen so many seals in Howth Harbour together. I counted nine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Well done. I like all of them ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Some great images there. A lovely set.

I especially like the first and last images.

• Advertisement

Calina wrote: »
    We must have been there at the same time. I've never seen so many seals in Howth Harbour together. I counted nine.

I was there about 6pm. Lots of seals. I had heard that people come out to feed them but it was the first time I had seen so many. Will have to go out again. (Hopefully not so windy and I will get closer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Really nice shots, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

All good shots, well done

Thank you all.

Advertisement