Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning from injury

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

today;
    f.squats; 60x5, 70x4, 80x3, 90x3, 100x2,2,1.
    back squats; 90x8,8, 80x8.

some pulldown abs.

REUB, today.

push press; 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55x5.

db floor press; 22'sx10x2.

skullcrushers; 20+bar x10x2, 10+bx10.

ez curls: 30x10x3. (fair bit of body english)

pulldowns; 45, 55, 65x8.

push press was ok, missing the wrist wraps on some of the lifts today. might drop the weight on the curls and be a bit more strict, don't really feel too much otherwise.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

What is your bodyweight these days?

Fat. Eh, somewhere around 16 stone I guess, but I don't have access to an accurate scales, could be more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I have a good scales if you want to use it? Im going france on wednesday for a bit, could pop it over when ur visiting your lady friend

• Advertisement

lol thanks but I'm not too bothered, I'll notice if I start to gain or lose proper amounts of weight, plus the only important measure to me is my lifting belt. It doesn't really matter atm what I weigh tbh. Thanks though.

MEUB. today;
    incline press; 35,40,50,55,60x5. 62x3, 55x6, 50x8.

db/kroc rows; 36x10, 40x12.

rgsp; 30x12, 55x5
    lots of messing around trying to find the right set up, numerous reps but not counted.
    30x8, 40x5,3.

pinwheels; 22x10x3.

decent session. realised last week that the db handles get bigger as the weight goes up, anything after 30 is a fat bar really. No wonder its so hard to keep a grip on the 40's. Will change the pinwheels in another few weeks for something else, thinking drag curls.
    setting up in the smith is trial and error stuff atm. decent tricep workout today though, getting a bit of hang....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

decent tricep workout today though, getting a bit of hang....

Hang?

As in the sandwich..

:pac:

lol

Apparently I have the teeth of a giant, the dentist kept going on about how big my teeth and roots where. Had the broken wisdom tooth pulled today. 95 euro. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Apparently I have the teeth of a giant, the dentist kept going on about how big my teeth and roots where. Had the broken wisdom tooth pulled today. 95 euro. :(

ouch, how'd you manage to break it?

I had to get a filling in it last year and the dentist decided to file off a chunk of tooth (for the lolz) to stop it touching the tooth below it. After a few weeks a bit popped off it (from the pressure of the filling I guess), then I got a cavity, then last night half the tooth broke off when I was eating so I had to get it pulled today. Used a different dentist this time though and he was much better at least.

I had to get a filling in it last year and the dentist decided to file off a chunk of tooth (for the lolz) to stop it touching the tooth below it. After a few weeks a bit popped off it (from the pressure of the filling I guess), then I got a cavity, then last night half the tooth broke off when I was eating so I had to get it pulled today. Used a different dentist this time though and he was much better at least.

Nasty, gives me another reason to be afraid of going to the dentist

God yeah, they used some sort of wrench device to get the tooth out, I'm brushing and flossing and washing and everything 5 times a day from now on! :eek:

today;

frontsies; 65,75,85,95,105x3.
    backsies; 95x8x2.
    rdlsies; 90x8x2, 110x8x2 (straps).

think that's a front squat pb, might go for a single next week. 'Helped' a skinny guy with his 'deadlift' today, reminded me how lucky I was to have started lifting with someone who knew a bit and did full reps with decent form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

'Helped' a skinny guy with his 'deadlift' today, reminded me how lucky I was to have started lifting with someone who knew a bit and did full reps with decent form.

Fair play for that, I think more people should be open to going up to people in the gym like that and helping them out. There's a bit of a tact needed in offering advice without offending the person but I think most people would really appreciate it.

Congrats on the PB too btw :)

Thanks.
    well tbh he had a friend who was supposedly telling him what to do but has only a tiny bit more knowledge (or else wasn't able to explain how to do it right) than the guy who was deadlifting. He was using the ez bar and had it a foot away from his toes, so I just told him to get closer and suddenly he was able to lift it. That's why help was in inverted commas, didn't really do much just couldn't look at him anymore! :o

Today, REUB.

mil press; 30,40,45x5.
    pp; 40,50x5.

jm smith press.
    rgsp; 20x8,30,8,35x8x2,30x8,20x15.

assisted chins: -40x5, -33x5,4, -40x3 and two halves....

pinwheels; 20x10,10.

got lucky today, left my helmet hanging on the bicycle handles and it was still there when I came back! normally lock it up somewhere. I hate oh pressing, my wrists and lower back give out before my shoulders. Going to stick to db's and perhaps some btn presses for the next while, those tend to be better on the back.
    tried out the jm press for something different, didn't go heavy but felt like it was something that could make your elbows squirt out of their skin at heavy weight. stuck with the rgb.
    Back was ****ed for a day or two after squatting the last day, foam rolling worked out the lumps but I'm going to deload this week just to make sure.

Have you tried using a split stance for the OH presses? I think it takes some of the pressureoff your back and gives you a better base

And congrats on the FS pr

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that, might give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hmmmmmm I think your forgetting our gym date, you got 110kg for 3,it was a good day.

That was with knee wraps. It was a good day.

today;
    sumos; 70x4, 110x3, 130x2, 140x2, 150x2, 160x1(sumo pb), 172.5xf, f conv. 150x1.
    rdls w/straps; 130x6,6, 110x2 sets of 6 or 8.

some pulldown abs to clear the pump.

single leg leg press; 55x8x3.
    wide stance leg press; 55, 85,105x8 (or 10, forget).

decent enough session, been feeling quite run down and **** lately but perhaps I just needed to train more, feeling better now. Have a painting job lined up for the next couple of weeks so might not get into the gym as mcuh as I want but its only a fortnight or so. deadlifts were ok, sumo pb, probably could have had 165. I suppose thats an rdl pb too now that I think about it. Might have to lay off them for a while though, back was sore afterwards. Also going to squat a little higher (still below parallel obv) and see if that helps or hinders the lower back. single leg leg press was good too, puts the stabilisation back into the lift, nice change of pace.

Did a little facebook stalking, first thing I find out is that the girl I share a bathroom with is posting stuff about me on facebook. Now to figure out what to do in retaliation....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Write her exact word for word Facebook update on the mirror with shampoo so when she steps out of the shower she's faced with it.

Lol I was thinking of writing a note and sticking it to the loo but that is way creepier and better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

set her up on a blind date with L

She's a pampered daddies girl who possibly comes from or wishes she was from the D4 area...she'd probably like a date with a rugger bugger type such as L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

fine then....set her up with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Start leaving those fake poos all over the floor in the jacks. She'll freak out and call in the cleaners/management. take them out before they arrive so she'll look like a loon. With any luck she'll lose her mind and be dragged off by men in white coats.

Advertisement