Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning from injury

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

today;
    db incline bench; 22x10, 28x8,4,3, 22x8.

kroc rows: 32x25, 40x15 (straps).

lateral raises; 10'sx12x3.

seated skullcrushers; ez+15x15, +20x9, +15x8.

some lat pulldowns.

****ing first years.

Training this week will probably be erratic, have some fence painting to do and also going to edinburgh next weekend.
    Also **** is it warm today, sweating buckets all through training. The cycle in didn't help that issue at all.

today, MEUB;

low incline bench; 20, 40x5x2, 50,60x5, 65x3, 70x1(pb), 60x4.

db floor press; 20'sx15,8.

kroc rows; 36x15, 42x15.

lat raises; 12'sx10x3.

various curls.

face pulls; 21,26x10.

First day in two weeks, did not mean for that to happen! happy enough with the bench, more in me for next week, would like to hit 80 on the incline soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Congrads on the PB.

Thanks. Was inspired by Vis tbh, knew I had to go for at least a couple of new pb's today after seeing his deadlift. Kroc row is also technically a pb but since I only started doing them again the last week I trained I didn't really count it. Should have 50 in a few weeks, actually could probably do 50 now for a few reps but want 10+.

Today, MELB;
    deadlift; 60,80x4, 100,120,140x3, 160x2, 170x1, 180xf. :(
    140x3.

lunges; 60x6,6, 70x6,5 (r,l).

seated leg curls; up to 95x8.

bah.

• Advertisement

reub;

bench; 30,40x10, 50,65x5, 75x4,5,3,4(failed the fifth rep cause I had asked the same guy to spot me twice, and figured I should give him something to do the second time) rep pb.

btn pp; blah this was not a good idea straight after bench. moving quickly on....

yates row; 60,70, (straps) 80,90,100,115x10 (pb).

seated skullcrushers; ez+ 20x10, +25x8, +20x10.

pinwheels; 20x10x3
    ss w/
    chest supported rear delt flyes; 6'sx10,12,12.

bench pb, that used to be my 2 rep max a while ago. Didn't feel the most solid but haven't been on the bench in a while I guess. strength was there overall though, and since I only had a can of relentless, a cup of coffee and a couple of biscuits pre gym.

yates row was pretty good, felt better than the last day I did them. 120 next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Your yates rows are getting very strong. I must def try my straps again for dumbbell rows.

chairs, its a fun lift and I seem to be able to progress well with it, 3 plates would be sweet.I'm a big fan of straps for rows for all sorts of reasons, once you get used to them you'll like them.

MELB;
    squats; 60,80,100x5, 120, 130x3, 140x1,1, 130x3.
    80x15 :(

seated gm's 80x8x2.

leg press, 155x8, 195x4 (full stack).

pulldown abs.

I is lazy, and got up late. So decided to see what teh gyms like at 9pm. Answer; mega busy. I got the squat rack fairly quickly though, but my internet anonymity is gone. :pac: probably get 150 next week, 140 was quick enough I think, but was rocking forward off my heels a little bit today which was annoying. maybe could have gotten 20 reps if I'd taken a bit more rest beforehand or something, whatever I'll go for 80 again next time and maybe go up in 5's from then on.

MEUB;

incline bench; 40,50,60x5, 65x2, 75xspotter touch. :(
    60x6.

yates rows; 70,90x10, (str) 110, 120x10(pb), 90x15.

db floor press; 22's12, 9.

lat raises; 14'sx8, 12'sx8,10.

curls.

straight bar push down

sb face pulls.

had to get some books from the library so decided to train even though my lower back is dom'd to ****. Don't know if I could have got the 75 or not, didn't feel tight enough and the weight wasn't sitting on my traps right, but I had it past mid-way when he started to help so maybe. Should be there next week I guess.
    pb on rows, probably should have done db rows but **** who cares.
    might drop the weight back to 12 or 10's on lat raises for the next while, prefer to feel the delt taking part rather than up the weight every week.

Big fella in today, squatted 140 for maybe 14 reps? possibly even more. depth might not have passed in competition but ****ed if I would say that to him. Nice to have some properly strong people training in kingfisher.

• Advertisement

melb; front squat; worked up to 100x1 :eek: 80x5x2 back off.

wide grip rack pulls from knee w/straps; worked up to 160x4ish.

ab pulldown.

one legged rdls; 20'sx8, 24'sx8.

first day back in a while. Going back to original 3day week wsfsb, was happier on that. been sick the last while, trainings been patchy for the past month or more at this stage, so its no wonder my squat was so crap.

meub

incline; worked up to 65x4,3. back off 50x10,4.

yates rows; worked up to 105x8.

seated skullcrushers; ez+10x10, +20x10,10.

lat raises

ez curlsx2
    pinwheelsx2

seated facepulldowns

somehow ****ed up my neck, didn't feel anything happen while lifting though so did it on the walk down the stairs??? :( really liked the seated face pulls, initated the move iwth the scap and then brought the arms down with momentum, very nice upper back pump afterwards.

today, reub;

lat pulldown; worked up to 70x8,8,6.

seated db shoulder press; worked up to 22 or 24x6.

decline bench; 20sx12, 6.

concentration curls (idibishdi)

seated chest press machine

low row machine.

happy enough with the shoulder press considering how **** my standing press is, hopefully I can keep that moving. Need to get a notebook and pen in the gym again. didn't think much of the low row machine, just tried it for the craic, oh well. Got a decent bicep pump from it though, and my lats are sort of cramping now, so guess it might be a decent finishing/pump thing.

today, melb;

deadlift; worked up to 140x5,150x4, 160x1(held for 15 seconds to see what would happen).
    back off with 140x5 w/straps.

rdls' 100x8,110x8.

felt like I was there forever, couldn't stay any longer cause I hadn't done any work yet. Serious issues getting to sleep lately. Serious lat doms from monday too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

160x1(held for 15 seconds to see what would happen)

What happened?

I held on to it then left it on the ground. :P Guess my grip doesn't need any work yet, should probably get too strong for my grip now....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

So you're not like two inches shorter or anything?

lol afraid not. It wasn't hard, it was useful as a way of gauging where someone might drop a deadlift, it was pretty easy to hold at lockout, I imagine most grip failures happen just before lockout or on the way down. I just wanted to see if I had any grip problems or if straps were negatively affecting me at all and I think the answer is no.

today, meub;

flat bench, worked up to 85x1 (10kg pb), missed 90 twice.
    back off set, close grip 70kgx8 +4 assisted I think.

floor press; 60xsomething, 70x4 ish.

Very happy with the pb, been a long time coming. Training with jayoo was fun. Super high volume from him, was a good session. Gym closed before we got anything else done.

wednesday, reub;
    seated bb shoulder press; worked up to 40x2x4.

tried some incline pressing, wasn't happening.

lat pulldown; worked up to 70x8ish.

very quick session cause I got up too late. Should've known the incline wouldn't happen but thought I could use light weight/high reps. Nope. I now have three shoulder exercises (bb seated press, db sp, and smith sp) that I can do without pain in my back so I'll rotate them on reub day.

Today;

squat; worked up to 125x3.
    dead; 145x4,2. :(
    front squats; 50,60x8, 70x4.
    pulldown abs.

excuses;
    haven't squatted consistently in about a month or more now.
    shoulders were still tight and sore from wednesday.
    moon was in the wrong quadrant last night.
    low carbing sucks.
    up early (for me)
    wrong bars
    etc
    etc

Only two of those are in anyway true tbh. Felt like I nearly ripped my tricep at one point somehow. Deads were some of the hardest I've ever done. tough session.
    Only one of thos

• Advertisement

Today, meub;

incline, worked up to 60x5, 65x3+1 assisted. 55x6, 50x5.

yates rows; worked up to 100x8, 80x12 or 15, full contraction and stretch.

seated smith press; 20(several sets working out bench position), 25x6x2.

pinwheels; 14, 20x18-12-8.

oh db extension (both hands on db).

decent enough session I guess, spotter said that was a good bit of weight for incline, lol. :rolleyes: rest paused pinwheels for the lol, didn't give me as big a pump as I expected. Probably won't bother with that in future, at least not on pinwheels.

Today, REUB.

lat pulldown; worked up to 75x4+70x4.

seated db press; 14s, 20sx8, 26sx4(sort of partial, couldn't call them full reps), 20x4.

chest supp'd rear delt flyes.

partial preacher curls

oh cable extension

cable pressdowns

seated facepulls

fairly blah. decent shoulder pump though.

today, melb.

squats, up to 100x5, 120x3, 130x2.

deads; 145x3,1.

Hoping to do some max incline with jayoo tomorrow. squats felt decentish, fell forward on second rep.

today;

worked up to 70x1 incline, failed 72.5

tons of reverse grip, close grip, wide grip, drop sets, etc.

shoulder press machine

38kg db shrugs, two sets

tricep oh extension

pushdown

other stuff.

massive session today. Can feel triceps doms setting in already. The drop set was jjayoo's idea I take no responsibility for it. Think 70 is a small pb or equals past pb, not sure.

today, reub;

lat pulldown; worked up to 72.5x8, 62.5x8.

seated bb shoulder press; worked up to 40x8.

incline machine.

seated row machine.

pressdowns

lat raises.

shoulder press was decent enough today but felt very dodgy trying to unrack the bar so didn't go any heavier, might try sitting backwards on the bench next week and see if it makes racking and unracking easier. Gym was busy so everything else was just what was free or seemed handy. Can't get enough of a chest stretch in the chest machines in the gym, decent tricep press though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

What's the story?

You got drunk and ate some of your own arm, didnt you...

Advertisement