Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs. Everton KO: 1.30

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

They should put adverts on the soles of Ash Youngs boots...

And advertising ink stamps on Fellaini's elbows so he could plaster ads all over the Villa defenses faces :rolleyes:

How he wasn't booked is a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

great game! 4th may be gone possibly but the losses have stopped as have the tough fixtures

Arsenal probably the big winners but Villa's performance in coming back from being 2 goals down twice to get the draw showed impressive "moral courage" and "honesty of effort" - Would have been relatively easy for heads to drop after going 2-0 down and then 3-1 down especially after recent results.

Not really the game Everton wanted with next weekend in mind and they'll be very disappointed they let Villa back in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

SlickRic wrote: »
    does your begrudging have anything to do with the fact he's playing your beloved Blues today?

if everton's players didn't dive in he wouldn't have to fall over.

Oh come on, The bloke fell everytime the wind blew. He's a cheat.
    Fantastic match today. I think a draw was deserved but there was some awful refeering today.

Milner took his goal well. Villa have the bones of a decent team.
    Evertons midfield were the best they've been all season. Neville is finally matching Carsleys performances.
    Howard, Baines and Hibbert were not at the races and what was Lescott doing for the Penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

SlickRic wrote: »
    does your begrudging have anything to do with the fact he's playing your beloved Blues today?

if everton's players didn't dive in he wouldn't have to fall over.

what bull..! That free kick should never have been given and ditto the peno.

Having said that Everton did not play so well, even thou we got 3 goals.

Oh come on, The bloke fell everytime the wind blew. He's a cheat.
    Fantastic match today. I think a draw was deserved but there was some awful refeering today.

Milner took his goal well. Villa have the bones of a decent team.
    Evertons midfield were the best they've been all season. Neville is finally matching Carsleys performances.
    Howard, Baines and Hibbert were not at the races and what was Lescott doing for the Penalty?

that ref was a friggin joke, if we have a decent ref next sunday we can beat Man U, if we get the same decisions today then all ronaldos dives will knock us out,

small team etc...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That free kick should never have been given and ditto the peno.

:rolleyes:

the free kick you might be able to argue a little.

but the peno...good luck with that.

Helix wrote: »
    mon seems to play him in a deeper role than hes used to, its always baffled me a little. youre right he could do with bulking up, but hes deceptively big in real life

I think while he might be decent sizewise, I think that in terms of upper body strength that it's not there yet, especially when competing with the likes of Jagielka, Lescott but I'm sure it will come with time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

that ref was a friggin joke, if we have a decent ref next sunday we can beat Man U, if we get the same decisions today then all ronaldos dives will knock us out,

small team etc...:rolleyes:

if you get a decent ref fellaini wont stay on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

if you get a decent ref fellaini wont stay on the pitch

He's awkward granted but he doesnt do it on purpose. He's not a cheat like the kind the ref seemed to believe today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

what bull..! That free kick should never have been given and ditto the peno.

Having said that Everton did not play so well, even thou we got 3 goals.

I've just seen the highlights and would say that it was a free for a pull back although it was the kind of one that is sometimes given and sometimes not. and it was a peno too. If lescott got the ball it would have been harsh but lescott missed the ball and kicked him in the head, How you can claim that's not a peno is beyond me

• Advertisement

He's awkward granted but he doesnt do it on purpose. He's not a cheat like the kind the ref seemed to believe today.

i dunno, he seems to elbow people in the face far too often for it to be accidental

i'm all for defending your players, really I am, but there's nothing in the game today to suggest ashley young was a cheat. everton gave him rough treatment. he goes down easily at times but no more than your average pro footballer. he's not on the level of your usual suspects in the league; not on today's evidence anyway.

and to suggest felliaini is merely awkward when he trips that many people up and has arms flailing about the place constantly is amusing to me tbh. take off the blue goggles for a sec.

moyes is a wonderful manager. but again, this argument of 'Lescott didn't mean it' being strong enough to deny villa a penalty?

silly thing to say tbh.

hilarious stuff.

So the 12 yellow cards he has picked up in the league {the highest of all players} have all been accidental. He has played 2078 mins in the league (works out at 23 games) and gotten booked 12 times. So far this season it works out as being booked once for every 173 mins he plays.

If he is just awkward as you claim I'd make sure he was kept well away from Saha in training anyway.

Anyone could see that Villa were diving all over the place, any neutral fan anyway.

at least twice in the first half young went down for penos, the third time the pressure was bound to be on the ref to award it...

Fell is huge, he doesnt mean to give away free kicks, he is lanky so get over it ffs.

You would swear he was kevin nolan...

Anyone could see that Villa were diving all over the place, any neutral fan anyway.

ah so youre a neutral fan now
    Fell is huge, he doesnt mean to give away free kicks, he is lanky so get over it ffs.

You would swear he was kevin nolan...

kevin nolan doesnt elbow players in the face that much

that actually made me chuckle out loud. you really believe all this do you?

i wouldn't say I'm completely neutral obviously, as I'm a Pool fan, but I still don't think you're trying to look at the facts at all and even attempt to make an un-biased point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Young goes down easy but doesent tend to dive he will force the opposing player to make contact at least, but tbh today he didnt get it all his own way most of the time the ref waved away protests when he went down, not carding him cos he didnt dive there was contact but not giving a free as this is a contact sport (or is it?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Frustrating as it might be, Ashley Young sometimes plays the rules rather than the game itself. No different to Tim Cahill on corners.

• Advertisement

ah so youre a neutral fan now

kevin nolan doesnt elbow players in the face that much

no, but he likes to go in with his studs showing attempting to smash someone leg into pieces

no, but he likes to go in with his studs showing attempting to smash someone leg into pieces

theyre both physical assault tho, just different methods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Hello?? What exactly is the problem here? It was a decent game, draw was fair result, both teams share the spoils. Move on with your life X, for jaysis sake.

If you could hold a lead, you'd be 5th.

I agree a draw is a fair result in the end. Everton bottled it. But Villa battled back well 3:1 down.

disagree with the free kick decision, and the peno, well lescott didnt even see yer man he just swiped at the ball.

anyhoo good game for the punter by all accounts.

that be all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I agree a draw is a fair result in the end. Everton bottled it. But Villa battled back well 3:1 down.

disagree with the free kick decision, and the peno, well lescott didnt even see yer man he just swiped at the ball.

anyhoo good game for the punter by all accounts.

that be all
    I disagree with you on the peno X, I think it was a peno. But the FK wasn't an FK. I still feel that we tried to play all the football. All Villa did was go route one up to Carew which was very hard to deal with, they're like a better Stoke.

Voltwad wrote: »
    I disagree with you on the peno X, I think it was a peno. But the FK wasn't an FK. I still feel that we tried to play all the football. All Villa did was go route one up to Carew which was very hard to deal with, they're like a better Stoke.

league table suggests were like a better Everton ;)

i jest. I enjoyed todays game cos it was a great match first off but also cos we didnt lose against a good team. A lack of CL next year might be the the most likely thing for Villa now after not winning today but after gotten out of our slump I think our remaining fixyures should see us finish in 5th which is still an improvement on last season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus just saw those elbows from Screech. Dunno if they're intentional or not, but even if they're not, they're completely reckless and dangerous.

like the way they victimise fell, if you are as lanky as him your elbows will surely be a problem when you jump in the air.

slagging hibbert for being **** is fair enough, but nothing on young for diving every 5 minutes.

even nothing on Evertons well worked third goal.

typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dave! wrote: »
    Jayzus just saw those elbows from Screech. Dunno if they're intentional or not, but even if they're not, they're completely reckless and dangerous.

He's a disgrace! How he stayed on the pitch today, i don't know

like the way they victimise fell, if you are as lanky as him your elbows will surely be a problem when you jump in the air.

do you truly believe those elbows have anything to do with the fact he is lanky?

dirty as f**k.

come off it man.

it's not victimisation...i'd say it about anyone who pulled sh*t like that.

slagging hibbert for being **** is fair enough, but nothing on young for diving every 5 minutes.

even nothing on Evertons well worked third goal.

typical.

I think Fellaini and Young are both guilty as charged there X

• Advertisement

league table suggests were like a better Everton ;)

For starters you''s are 1 point ahead with a worse goal difference but that wasn't the point I was making. You play to your strengths, like Stoke do. I was just stating that we played all the football, Ie. Pienaar's goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I don't see Crouch having problems with elbows.

I think he's a very good player and even though I don't think either of then were malicious both of those elbows were dangerous and deserved yellow cards.

Voltwad wrote: »
    For starters you''s are 1 point ahead with a worse goal difference but that wasn't the point I was making. You play to your strengths, like Stoke do. I was just stating that we played all the football, Ie. Pienaar's goal

the next two words i wrote were... I Jest

Aye and I was just restating my point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Very disappointing result vis a vis any faint hope of CL qualification, but a draw was fair i suppose, although i thought we'd get the winner after getting the equaliser. Fair play to the big man for getting the first goal and giving the place a bit of life again when it seemed for a while like it was going to be one of those days!

Advertisement