Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Fulham (Kick off: 16.10pm)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

At some point you have to question to man at the top, and that time has come.

It came before now for me anyway, not that I'm a City fan.
    So many bizarre team selections amongst every thing else you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

JPA wrote: »
    It came before now for me anyway, not that I'm a City fan.
    So many bizarre team selections amongst every thing else you said.

Unfortunately as City fans we pray for stability every day of the week, hence giving him a little longer to turn things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You have to understand that Mark Hughes came into Man City before all that money was pumped into the club. I just don't think he knows how to handle all that money/pressure that's heaped onto his shoulders.

When a club gets an injection of money results and trophies are automatically expected. I don't think Hughes knows how to deal with players such as Robinho etc. Maybe he feels intimidated by him and all the great things he has achieved at his previous clubs.

I reckon the owners will let Hughes go and bring in a big name manager. Don't think it'll be Jose.

You can have Joe Kinnear if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched the game and I think Ireland was a bit off the pace today despite his goal. Maybe it was the fact he's not 100%, or maybe he was just bloody knackered from Thursday, but he didn't look at it today, along with a lot of City's players.

I also think, as much as I hate to say this about one of my favourite Irish players, that Richard Dunne might have seen his best days. I thought he looked really sluggish and to be honest, a liability. I can now understand the concerns City fans have about him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Delighted for Fulham or more so their put-upon, albeit small away followers. It must be one of the least desirable jobs in football - 100s of miles to follow Fulham away - 6 wins in 52 now or something..

Though working against Hughes is that you couldn't look for a better home game. Fulham should be a home banker 99% of the time tiredness or otherwise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

^ Fulham are a quality team though. Hodgson has done an extremely good job with them this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hodgson has done an extremely good job with them this year.

Yeah I was hoping we would get him for the Ireland job and if I recall correctly he mentioned that he hadn't been approached for it when Stan left (which seemed to suggest he wouldn't have objected to an approach).

While Trap has done well as boss I really think Hodgson would have been a fantastic appointment. Maybe one day...

Advertisement