Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next GTA should be like in bruges

• 12-04-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

only it takes place in paris, but the main guy should be irish.:pac:

two films really want me to have the next gta in paris, le haine and taken and also in bruges.

i feel it could really really work. anyone ever see rush hour 3? imagine a shootout up through the eiffel tour.:eek:

what do you think, should gta come to europe or stay in america(so interesting:rolleyes:) or perhaps another location?

when do you suspect it to be out? 2011/2012?

also what about things you'd like to see? i wish high speed crashes were more out of control, like lots of rolls and complete carnage. also i wish when you fall from a high building that there is real life effects when you hit the ground.

i also think toyko would be a very cool location.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

... No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

ye of course, it be so much better in liberty city multiplied by 3..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Paris might be good only for the fact everyone there speaks french so we'd be looking at god awful Americanized french accents that would probably only come off as insulting. They could maybe do a San Andreas type thing set in Europe.

I'd like to see a move over to Europe too, America has the most boring roads in the world. Purely from a driving standpoint it would be nice to see it in Europe. I'd say they might consider London as they've done it before but I don't see them moving out of America.

It will be interesting to see where they go, will they just go onto vice city again?

I thought they'd be releasing more content for Liberty city to be honest. When I heard of the Xbox down loadable content I figured they'd continue that as liberty city is such a big city but really there' little to do. I thought they'd bring out expansion that would bring in other missions like taxi and ambulance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

IMO Rockstar had their 'Concorde Moment' with GTA-Vice City.

IMO no GTA since has been a patch on it.
    The city the sounds the characters, all excellent.

I hated San Andreas, the character was a whiny do-gooder.
    Pathetic in comparison to Ray Liotta's Tommy Vercetti, the
    cop killing drug lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well the major difference with Vice City and the rest is that it was the only game in the franchise to borrow heavily from a Motion Picture, most notably Scarface amongst others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

In fairness, Tommy Vercetti makes Tony Montano look about as gangster as Bosco...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

In fairness, Tommy Vercetti makes Tony Montano look about as gangster as Bosco...

Bosco is gangster and don't you forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

IMO Rockstar had their 'Concorde Moment' with GTA-Vice City.

IMO no GTA since has been a patch on it.
    The city the sounds the characters, all excellent.

I hated San Andreas, the character was a whiny do-gooder.
    Pathetic in comparison to Ray Liotta's Tommy Vercetti, the
    cop killing drug lord.

I still think GTAVC is the strongest of the previous generation but the map really let the game down. I know it was a take on Miami but the maps in both III and SA were so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i dont think we will ever see another gta set in a real city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

weeder wrote: »
    i dont think we will ever see another gta set in a real city
    why not? the last one was the closest yet to a real city.

peronally i pray that they move away from Vice city, Liberty City and San Andreas despite the fact that Vice City is my favourite as well.

even just a new american city would be great, san fran would be excellent for driving sections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    even just a new american city would be great, san fran would be excellent for driving sections.

Well technically SF is in San Andreas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Well technically SF is in San Andreas...

wasnt done in major detail though, ok if san fran or Vegas was the next GTA city, id be happy enough!

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    wasnt done in major detail though, ok if san fran or Vegas was the next GTA city, id be happy enough!

True. I'd rather SF then LV (most of LV is just dust in fairness), much more interesting city.

Although I'd much rather they took the series to fortress Europa. Imagine a fake Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam? Now, imagine the jokes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bosco is gangster and don't you forget it.

fo sho dawg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

SF city was so boring but the countryside was cool
    a paris version would be class! but it needs some countryside!
    ha imagine if it was based in dublin!
    only problem is traffic ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

$kilkenny wrote: »
    SF city was so boring but the countryside was cool
    a paris version would be class! but it needs some countryside!
    ha imagine if it was based in dublin!
    only problem is traffic ha
    I actually think Ireland could work, you've got lots of internationals here to vary the story, you've got lots of weird and interesting crimes to base the stories on, a great variety of different types of driving environments from motorway to roads with grass growing up the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

well its not our fault about the grass lol
    you could set it in limerick or dublin?

I still stick to my pan-European idea.

...or just Amsterdam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The biggest appeal of GTA is the parody on the American way of life. It has to be set in the US

Advertisement