Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to study?

Options
  • 12-04-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I'm finding it completely inpossible to study at home during this easter break, and my social anxiety makes studying at the library a terrifying thought! has anyone got any other suggestions of quiet places i could study?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is your house particularly noisy? Maybe instead of finding a new plaxce to study in change the existing place? Why is it you can't study at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

well its fairly small and theres always a few family members around talking
    and watching tv incredibly loudly! i've tried asking them to be quiet but it doesnt really help! i try to study in my room but my desk is too small to properly work at, and while theres room for another desk,theres not room for me along with it!

This post has been deleted.

thats actually a pretty good idea! i think i'll try the garden later on! just hope it doesnt start raining again!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

phic wrote: »
    well its fairly small and theres always a few family members around talking
    and watching tv incredibly loudly! i've tried asking them to be quiet but it doesnt really help! i try to study in my room but my desk is too small to properly work at, and while theres room for another desk,theres not room for me along with it!
    i am the very same!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Try the shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Friend or relatives house maybe?

I often go out to my Granny's house to study, it's really quiet and there's a total lack of distractions.

i am the very same!:rolleyes:
    annoying isn't it! right now there are like 3 of my brothers friends running round screaming, some match on tv at the highest volume and my moms chopping things louder than seems possible! damn families!

bythewoods wrote: »
    Friend or relatives house maybe?

I often go out to my Granny's house to study, it's really quiet and there's a total lack of distractions.

hmm good in theory but my nearest relative is like 2 hours away and i'm pretty sure going to a friends house would end in me talking to them and forgetting about study! i don't have the willpower not to!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

I've been doing a lot of my work out my back garden as somebody else mentioned..
    I've a table out the back so that helps :p, but when the weather is nice and no wind to knock your shít all over the place, it actually makes the study quite nice, suprisingly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Earplugs... €1 for 2 pairs in the pharmacy. Work wonders for me sometimes. Make sure you put them in properly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Studying does become hard i agree when people are watching T.V etc...
    The worst is when your friends start ringing or calling around!..
    My best advice would be to wake up early and get a bit done then..:)

Advertisement