Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Gym

Options
  • 12-04-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a gym in louth, please state reasons for and against, thinking of joining, what are the fees, are they very crowded in the evenings.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Currently thinking of joining one myself. Its up by Greenhills.
    Not sure of the name. Will get a leaflet Monday, scan it and post it in here if you can wait till then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Felda, beside the Fairways.........pro setup. It might still be only €366 for a years membership for gym and pool. No kids allowed, no clowns etc. Friendly staff. Any amount of equipment to use.

Google for them......felda.ie i think is their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Biggins wrote: »
    Currently thinking of joining one myself. Its up by Greenhills.
    Not sure of the name. Will get a leaflet Monday, scan it and post it in here if you can wait till then?

Sounds like Westgate Fitness to me. I was a member there for a couple of years. It has pretty good facililities i.e. plenty of treadmills, cross trainers and weight machines. Also has a pool which I have never used but it would appear to be good, never heard anybody complain.

I would think that you should be able to get a good deal on membership now.

http://westgatefitness.com/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you're in Dundalk, then Felda is without a doubt your best option

If you're in Drogheda, then follow the above poster's advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

felda is incredible and great value at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 faoilean

Might be a little late joining the conversation but just want to add my tuppence worth...

I was a member of JJB for a while before I moved up to Dublin a couple of years back and loved it! Have been a member of several gyms in Dublin since and they don't even compare.

From the important things (very clean, good amount of machines and classes, lovely showers, etc) right down to the little extras (fans on treadmills, personal tv screens on the individual machines, etc), it did everything right.

Unless it has changed hugely in the years since, I couldn't recommend it highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Felda, great set-up.

Advertisement