Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panoramics for C&C,

• 12-04-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

I put these together using Photoshop.
    I took more shots in RAW but I cant process them at the moment cos im having issues with .NEF files and Nero.
    Im aiming to have something like these printed out large and framed to go on my wall.
    Any advice on what I will need to do in order to get the photos good enough for printing and where/how I could get them printed?
    Cheers

61E02274B5C94347A00ADD63618281DE-800.jpg

BBD4A670B5A5457CAC3273ECEAF386EC-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

steve in deansgrange could do fantastic prints of them and advise on best ways to mount them

he's at: www.360-dpi.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Great shots and work. Some nice clouds in there too - really add to it.

What focal length did you shoot at? In landscape mode? how many shots?

Is it Wicklow or am I way off on my geography as usual? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PC - Dublin

I love #1, where was it taken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

They were both taken from the blackstairs mountains in Carlow (beside Mt Leinster).
    Shot at 18mm. Manual mode, f22 at 1/50 sec.
    Number 1 is four photos and I think number 2 is 5 photos.
    I cant make up my mind about number 1. Do ye think its lacking some foreground in the middle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Personally I love number 1, really like the shadows from the clouds and the depth....I could look at that all day :)

• Advertisement

Thanks to everone for their comments.
    bedlam wrote: »
    To me, no. 1 is the better of the two. The foreground is a bit over powering and uninteresting in the second one.

I kinda liked the rock patterns and the colour of the heather. I was also trying to use the peaks on both sides to frame the photo. I do agree that it is taking over the photo a bit. Maybe if I tried cropping out some of the foreground?

Any opinions on what sort of mount I should go for? Block mount or framed etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

it depends on the size, frames can look wrong at the large panoramic sizes

if you block wrap on MDF can work very very well

i have printed and mounted a good few panoramics for people and the MDF is by far the most popular

stcstc wrote: »
    it depends on the size, frames can look wrong at the large panoramic sizes

if you block wrap on MDF can work very very well

i have printed and mounted a good few panoramics for people and the MDF is by far the most popular

Im starting to like the idea of the block mount.
    Do you have any suggestions for print size?

the trick with size, is more to do with the aspect ratio.

the first one is taller. so you need to work out the ratio, if its not very wide the hieght will be sooo small

The trick is to do quite wide to get that hieght and give an impressive feel

so for example something like 1 meter wide will look impressive if the hieght is there

The ration at the moment is approx 4:1
    So that gives a height of 250cm with a width of 1m.
    Do you reckon that would be enough height for that width?

• Advertisement

if you have a hard time visualising it

just stick some bits of paper together and put them whwere you would hang it

s

Good idea. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭feileacan

photobox do a 20"x8" panoramic print for about 7.50

decent size, ive had a few done there and they always turn out nice.

recommend gloss rather than matt finish as well

Advertisement