Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to bu a Zippo and any suggestions

• 12-04-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

Have reached the time in every smokers life when he has to man up and buy a lighter for more than 2 euro so was just wondering where the best place to get one is and does anybody have any suggestions from window shopping catalogues?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I collect Zippos

I have a Matt Black one, like this

A shiney chrome one, like this

A brass one, with the "Solid Brass" engraving, like this

A "spectrum" one, like this

An Iron Stone one, like this

I'm very picky about the ones I buy or ask for.

I don't like the raised additions to the lighters or the kind of sticker type things that can wear off with use. I don't like the word "Zippo" to appear anywhere but on the base of the lighter

I'd love a copper one, a black ice one, a sapphire one, a red matt one

That's the Zippo website, and they have every Zippo available for sale on there

www.zippo.com

I love the things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Well, turns out my careful plans have gone arry. Came back from a session in a friends house, was listening to Aerosmith all the way home. Was very "tired and emotional". When I woke up I found out i bought an Aerosmith one on ebay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:D

Ha!

Serves you right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ah, it's not that bad. At least I like them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Place opposite Trinity, on the "Grafton Street side" of Dame Street, is a Cigar shop that has a decent selection of lighters.

Advertisement