Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii homebrew problem

Options
  • 12-04-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there, ive just tried putting homebrew onto my wii, It was called twilight hack beta2 on my 3.4 system. The problem is now i cant access the main wii menu any more, just the homebrew menu. It is telling me that the system is corrupt. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this fixed myself, or will i have to send it away to be repaired?
    Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you should never of tried to install HBC on 3.4, it's a hbc killer

you need to google downgrade 3.4 wii 3.2 and downgrade

Wii's with a serial number starting with "LU64" cannot downgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnyrocko

no mine starts with leh its just stuck in the homebrew menu i cant get back to the maain menu and the downgrader wont work do you know where i can get one that do please do you think i can fix it????:confused:

ya that helpfull but where can i get the downgrader because the one on my sd card is saying eror can i get it any where

did you read yer man's instructions on the youtube page click MORE INFO, everything is there, including downgrade files

read everything carefully, and twice :D

good luck

wipe your card clean start again

• Advertisement

I went through that but i dont think you no what i mean
    when i switch on my wii its automatically going itnto homebrew and no matter what i do it will not let me access my proper normal wii chammel so i can not do a thing with it.

but dude you run all the downgrade applications through the homebrew channel !!

where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Will that work if he doesnt have a system menu, seeing as he needs to be connected to the internet to run the ios downgrader?

Someone on another irish forum site i use seemed to have the same problem, i cant link to the thread at the moment cause im after reading through it and there is a bit of mentions of torrent sites and the such(which isnt normally like the site) I know one of the mods of it i'll see if i can get him to clean it up.

this is the problem you are having though right?
    OH CRAP I THINK I BRICKED MY WII

I can't access the system menu, because I set Preloader to automatically go to the system menu, but when I boot it says "The system files are corrupted.
    Please read the Wii Operations Manual for troubleshooting.

ya will need network access, op are you connected ?
    if you cant downgrade, it is possible fix the limitations put on with 3.4 update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymztv_AldFQ includes files

good reference guides here also

good luck

ya that is the problems im haveing thanks for the help

• Advertisement

i cant make my wii access the internet.it is stuck in the homebrew channel.if i plug my wii out and switch it back on it automatically gos to homebrew channel is there anyway i can do it from the homebrew channel?

can you go into "maintenance mode" hold down + and - and keep A pressed at black screen when you first start wii

nope wont let me do that either

oh dear...:D
    k try this, google "SystemMenu-v290.wad pal " put in wad folder on sd card, and install, if you can ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

BOBBY wrote: »
    oh dear...:D
    k try this, google "SystemMenu-v290.wad pal " put in wad folder on sd card, and install, if you can ?

This is the solution. You CAN downgrade to 3.2 without an internet connection. You need the 3.2 system menu (the one mentioned above) and IOS30. You can install both from your sd card using a wad manager. There's a good guide here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=138713&st=0&gopid=1807697&#entry1807697

Advertisement