Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a good game for my laptop

Options
  • 12-04-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Looking for a good game for my laptop by the way it only has 128mb gr card and 2.0 intel centrino

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Well there have been very few good games of late, so no worries about the specs.

Mechwarrior 3/4 (controls may be a bit narky on the laptop)
    System Shock 2 is the same but better than BioShock.
    Shogun/Rome TotalWar.
    GTA 3.
    I dunno, there are lots of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

i like to get something like age of empires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Liquid155

If it's something like Age of Empires you want, maybe check out the Stronghold series. The older Command and Conquers (Red Alert 2 immediately springs to mind) are set in the future (Or futuristic, alternate reality present day...it's hard to keep up..) but have a very similar feel to them and are fantastic games.

The Total War series as mentioned are also brilliant (Particularly Shogun and Rome), but they're much more tactical than AoE and focus more on the battle side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hitman76

Liquid155 wrote: »
    If it's something like Age of Empires you want, maybe check out the Stronghold series. The older Command and Conquers (Red Alert 2 immediately springs to mind) are set in the future (Or futuristic, alternate reality present day...it's hard to keep up..) but have a very similar feel to them and are fantastic games.

The Total War series as mentioned are also brilliant (Particularly Shogun and Rome), but they're much more tactical than AoE and focus more on the battle side of things.

A yes Command and Conquer what a game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Liquid155 wrote: »

might want to avoid medieval as it has a good few compatibility problems. another good game to try is star wars knights of the old republic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

World of Goo - Not an especially demmanding game, it should run on that anyway...
    I'm in the process of spreading some goo love around, already have my flatmate totally hooked on it, and I'm sure another friend will adore it

The Peggle collection was on offer on Steam this weekend, £7 for the full collection. Too late now, but even at full price they're a great way to while away some time

Advertisement