Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recitations & Stories needed urgently!

Options
  • 12-04-2009 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi Folks
    Can anybody help me?
    I am looking for any recitations, stories and yarns that are funny or not so funny and that are about 5-6 mins long. They would have to be very clean and with no double meanings or any suggestion of drink or carrying on if ye know what I mean.
    I want to try and put together a book that would have a collection for all, men,women and children, therefore some of the stories would have to be told or written by female authors for female reciters. They are just are good at telling a yarn as the men.
    We have 32 counties and it would be nice if there was a story or poem or yarn from every county.
    I am an avid supportor of Scor and I think this would be a handy resource for anybody interested in storytelling or recitation.
    I would also really like the words to Mary Ann MaGee for my own personal library.
    Please e-mail me at the following address if you can help me
    Thank you all!!
    <snip> PM user if you can help</snip?>

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hi Sna.
    Welcome to the forum, please read the charter for this forum (and every other forum) before posting. This is a traditional music forum, not a forum for discussing traditions. Additionally you should never post your email address up, people can PM you if they want to contact you and then if you decide to you can share your email address.

Many books such as that which you described exist already, as far as I am aware. As this thread is really not relevant I should probably close it but maybe someone will make a similar mistake or be able to offer you some advice, so I'll leave it open for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Shadowdancer

Jesjes wrote: »
    This is a traditional music forum, not a forum for discussing traditions.

Interesting point...

The Art of Storytelling has been a part of the Irish Tradition for many the long year. Many of our finest musicians often prefaced a tune with a story..

Seamus Ennis, for one, was known for his wonderful tales and yarns, which led into the tune.

Frank Hart was another.

Oft-times the story and the tune/song go hand in hand.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Sna

Hi Luckytipp
    Great, a person who thinks like I do. You must also feel that recitations are a part of our oral tradition and if we can't post here where can we post.

I have one of the peices you are looking for man from God knows where. pm me.

I would like Mary Ann MaGee if anyone has it thanks
    Also have you every heard the story If I were a lady :D:D

Advertisement