Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software idea?

Options
  • 12-04-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I've come up with an idea for a good piece of software, just wondeirng if anyone knows where I should go to get it made really, I've no experience in coding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Obviously not asking you to divulge your idea, but there's loads of types of software dev tools and each are good for different purposes. So it would depend on what your software is for, basically:

- It is just a little app that sits on your desktop and does something confined to its own information
    - Does it need to connect to anything to get data (web/excel/database/etc)
    - Does it need security, i.e. logins

That sort of thing, if you could ballpark what it does, then you can probably confine your search to a specific set of people.

Good luck, and this time next year, you'll be a millionairre.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

It dosent need a web connection, just linking two parts of a computer together in a way people havent thought of before. It's an idea you wont go I need it now, but you install it and get used to using it every day. If anyone can help/produce it for me on here send me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Hey guys I have this really great idea and I need a coder for this. Will anyone help me?

Requirements:
    needs to be a program that does things on a computer. and people use it.

If you want a programmer to follow your software designs, you're going to actually have to give a better description of what the software has to do. So far this thread is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

OP you'll find it hard to find anyone in IT who doesn't have ideas for software. Ideas for a new business venture are a tiny subset. Unless you're just looking to sell an active online community, design the accounts first and test your business idea against that.

Don't be disheartened if this particular one doesn't pan out, tenacity is a common feature among entrepreneurs so keep learning, keep innovating, and even if you never come up with the next big thing at least you'll have had a more exciting life.

If there's one thing this country needs it's more people willing to try new things instead of sitting back waiting for someone else to provide them with a means to make a living, you've got my thumbs up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement