Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 bundle offer in HMV €199

• 12-04-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭

Xbox 360 premium console with 60gb Hard Drive + Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box + Trivial Pursuit + Connect 4 (download from Xbox Live) + Extra wireless controller €199 in HMV this easter weekend. Don't know when the offer ends.

Also if it does this offer seems pretty familiar on [url]www.play.com:[/url] http://is.gd/s4jC-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Sweet that sounds very good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Good price IMO.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

The arcade version is €150. With the people like me that just got the 120gb HDD from HMV for cheap now have a spare 20gb hard drive to give to my lil bro with an arcade version :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

very good price, I just can't bring myself to buying a 360 with the amount of RRODs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Yes this sounds good, a similar deal from Amazon with either the same or the other wireless entertainment pack ( Wireless Controller and Two Xbox 360 Games: Lego Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda) plus HDMI cable including the delivery £187.49

That's for 60 GB version, Arcade version is £150.51 which I was thinking of getting but I might just get it from HMV now if I don't change my mind again for a ps3!

Another thing about Amazon deal is you can pick a game instead if you don't want any of those wireless entertainment packs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

very good price, I just can't bring myself to buying a 360 with the amount of RRODs

Aren't the newer 360's pretty reliable??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

more reliable, but happier to stick with my ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

more reliable, but happier to stick with my ps3

Dont want to drag this off topic but i work in a shop that sells both consoles and we have got back way more PS3's than 360's. Disc drives are dodgy on PS3s. What games can ya get on the 360 that you wont eventually wont get on PS3 anyway?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

jenno86 wrote: »
    Dont want to drag this off topic but i work in a shop that sells both consoles and we have got back way more PS3's than 360's. Disc drives are dodgy on PS3s. What games can ya get on the 360 that you wont eventually wont get on PS3 anyway?!

The big 4 really:

Gears of War
    Halo
    Project Gotham Racing
    Forza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sk282 wrote: »
    Yes this sounds good, a similar deal from Amazon with either the same or the other wireless entertainment pack ( Wireless Controller and Two Xbox 360 Games: Lego Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda) plus HDMI cable including the delivery £187.49

That's for 60 GB version, Arcade version is £150.51 which I was thinking of getting but I might just get it from HMV now if I don't change my mind again for a ps3!

Another thing about Amazon deal is you can pick a game instead if you don't want any of those wireless entertainment packs...

Yeah you can select the burnout entertainment pack also and you get a hdmi cable too. I've been shopping around since trying out SF IV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

dmcg90 wrote: »
    The big 4 really:

Gears of War
    Halo
    Project Gotham Racing
    Forza

Sorry I meant it the other way around!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Kiddynamite

Killzone 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

metal gear solid and drive failure on ps3 is very uncommon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

metal gear solid and drive failure on ps3 is very uncommon

but blu ray ( the dead format, frankly over priced ) is about as reliable as bertie aherns tax returns...

xbox 360, left on a surface where it cant be knocked ( i.e walking around it ) is more reliable then the ps3, sure some are bound to go fron from both camps but my cousin has one 2 years , its on a shelf and never read lighted, ate a PS but still, the hard drive works to this day.

moral of the story: leave the xbox out of the way, in a cool place, it will go on for years.

OT: thats a great price, wish i had the cash... Stupid costly nights out :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I carry mine up and down in a bus and never any harm done to it, my mate had a disk error and he never moved it? It's very wierd as they are both the same model. I'd go for that package if only it had Halo and Gears (we can dream)

Advertisement