Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poloroid Cameras.

• 12-04-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, can anyone tell me where I might pick up a cheap one of these? I dont fancy buying on ebay since a lot of them threaten to be damaged. any of the instant printing ones would do really, Its for a magic trick effect I'm working on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Have a look at the Fuji Instax range - Polaroid aren't making film anymore, so prices are going through the roof :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

arent poloroid looking at setting up a new film factory?
    thanks for the tip off though.
    Are the film cartridges simlar in fuji ones? Kind of crucial..

Well, the Impossible Project is for Sx-70 film (at first anyways) - It won't be in production in less than a year, and that's if it actually works out in the first place - Polaroid themselves have gone bust, so it's a few other companies sorting out the other factory. Film is costing about €1 to €1.50 a shot, so it's pricey. I'm not too familiar with the Instax cartridges, but I'm sure they are :)

It wouldnt be getting much use anyway, the effect only needs 1 or 2 shots, so maybe 4 shots a month. Its kind of crucial to a whole long routine, and i'd love to have it as my big finale.

Well, try popping in to your local Boots and seeing what they have left over - You'd never know!

• Advertisement

the film has an expiry date, any way of extending that, or does it usually keep for a while after that date? care tips etc? I'd stock up on a few cartridges if I could get my hands on a camera. also, which one would be the easiest to buy/get film for?
    thanks for your help.

The 600 is probably the most availible, and you can extend the date somewhat (less so with instant film) by keeping it in your fridge/freezer!

A generic 600 camera should cost you no more than 20 quid in Boots

great, sounds good, thanks very much!
    does that cartridge still have the black sheet that ejects etc etc?

Yep! Same one! If you can get the 600 film, but the camera is nowhere to be found, give me a PM, I might be able to sort you out.

cool, thanks very much for all your advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fajitas! wrote: »
    The 600 is probably the most availible, and you can extend the date somewhat (less so with instant film) by keeping it in your fridge/freezer!

fridge , never freezer :eek:
    freezing screws up the developer pods apparently. they can burst, or freeze the constituent chemicals out of solution or something.

Really? I've shot off some rolls of 120 Peel-Apart that were frozen (Not by me!) - No problems... Lucky batch maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Really? I've shot off some rolls of 120 Peel-Apart that were frozen (Not by me!) - No problems... Lucky batch maybe?

really ?? Its anecdotal I suppose, I certainly never wanted to try it out to see, and potentially waste a chunk of film :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

i remember seeing some sort of poloroid camera while searching for something else among the junk in my house oh! maybe a year ago, if i find it again i might put it up for adoption or whatever to a new home - it wasn't an old ancient one tho - it was all plastic cheap of the cheapest id say!!

:)

Fionn wrote: »
    i remember seeing some sort of poloroid camera while searching for something else among the junk in my house oh! maybe a year ago, if i find it again i might put it up for adoption or whatever to a new home - it wasn't an old ancient one tho - it was all plastic cheap of the cheapest id say!!

:)
    sounds like a polaroid P, if u found it, Id gladly give it a new home where itd be taken care of! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

i'll have a rummage during the week! :)

Advertisement