Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Point to Point Action

• 12-04-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Some action shots from a Point to Point I was covering in Ballydurn, Co.Waterford on Easter Sunday. All taken with Canon 1D MKIII and 70-200/2.8L IS. Comments welcome.
    3435515010_61b4646d52_o.jpg
    3435515008_a84638a5c6_o.jpg
    3435985814_004eef7d63_o.jpg
    3435985824_73eb987e5b_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nice shots Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Mighty stuff - well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Some nice shots, watch the exposure on the black horses. Second one is a bit under. First three shots are really nice, composition is spot on. Last shot lets the set down, Horses look a bit ****, ears back, legs dangling. Third one is my favourite

First three are excellent.

Last one is a little unattractive tbh.

Good work though! 3rd shot is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Really excellent set of shots. Great work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 PC - Dublin

#1 and2 are absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Thanks all for the kind and constructive comments,appreciated. Borderfox. yes shot 2 is slightly under, but i did that on purpose as its for the paper and they will print about a stop darker usually. yes the last one does not do justice to the horse, but they were 1st and 3rd and this was the second last fence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Lovely photos. Very sharp and clear. Really nice to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Excellent stuff there. I really like the 2nd one, it has an old/antique look to it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#1 by a head from #3. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭feileacan

the first and last are tremendous, great sense of action, love the colour as well

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I know sweet feck all about photographing horses but the colours in these are brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I like the shots themselves as photographs. Tack sharp and timing is perfect, except maybe for the last one.

However the processing I don't like. Makes them look really false and unreal. The processing of the third is the best as the colouring fits in with the bright sunshine but the others don't work at all for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I think it looks like some shadow/highlight adjustment in PS

Advertisement