Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo artists with no tattoos?

Options
  • 12-04-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

would u find it strange or trust a tatoo artist that didnt have a single drop of ink on him? this happened the other day with me as gettin work done and got talkin to artist just thought it was strange, any one else ever have this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 starie

i'd be a little anxious to be honest, i have 4 small tatts but someone that doesnt even have one tattoo, to be drawin on me? hmm i dunno

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I don't really see anything wrong with it, it'd be just like a gynacologist that doesn't have a vagina!

Well, not exactly like it. You know what I mean. Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 starie

if i was that passionate about art and tattoos and had a talent for tattooing, i would have a tattoo? dya not think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 murdoc75

but usually if your an artist u normally have tatts thats like an artist who paint for others and not themselves know what i mean ha. just found it bit weird and say its very rare artist doesnt have any ink he is about 25 or 26 so not to young not to have sum

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i wouldn't get a tattoo without seeing the artists previous work. if i like what i see i don't care what's on his body.

just cause he has tattoos doesn't mean mine will turn out like his or that he's a crap or deadly artist.

• Advertisement

his work looks good and this is not a dis on him or his work just sumthing i noticed and wondered was it rare enough thats all just thought it was rare

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

i've got to say i wouldn't let him ink me.

are you sure he had none at all or is it just well hidden? i thought for ages that older guy on london ink didn't have any and it turns out he's tattoed on most of his body but just hides it under his clothes 95% of the time (equally weird imo)

i brought my son to the local swiming pool and thers he was going for a win and unless he has tattoos that are hidden by a swimming hat and trunks he has none, :p althou stranger things have been know ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

tehre's been a thread on this before, from the tatooist's perspective, but i can't find it anywhere.

but yeah, as long as the tattooist's portfolio was up to scratch, i woudlnt be too fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Something just occured to me when reading all the replies.

How many times have peeps on here complained about being judged for the way we look!!!!!!!!!

Don't judge by looks, Judge by skill Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)

• Advertisement

i have not made a statement on this artists work or any thing else it was just sum thing i noticed and wondered if anyone else had the same experience, the guy is sound his work and manner are also very good so please dont hijack this as dont judge dont dis tread because it isnt one as i said was sumthing i noticed and just wondered was it unusual

murdoc75 wrote: »
    i have not made a statement on this artists work or any thing else it was just sum thing i noticed and wondered if anyone else had the same experience, the guy is sound his work and manner are also very good so please dont hijack this as dont judge dont dis tread because it isnt one as i said was sumthing i noticed and just wondered was it unusual

hey chill out, i commented on how i read the thread and i have commented as others have and believe me its not a thread hijack, i thought i was making a valid point,

As u said urself he is sound and his work and manner are good so no problem eh :)

sorry just dont want it taken as im makin a comment on this guy is all im not everyone is entitled to be covered head to toe in ink or as pale as the day they were born there choice, just thought it was funny maybe wrong to title the thread would u trust sorry if mislead

sorry just dont want it taken as im makin a comment on this guy is all im not everyone is entitled to be covered head to toe in ink or as pale as the day they were born there choice, just thought it was funny maybe wrong to title the thread would u trust sorry if mislead

ur grand don't worry bout it, as i said when i read all the replies i could see the opposite side as in how peeps see others that have body mods.

As u said could be inked from head to toe or pale as day was born or covered in peircings or none at all

We are all the same, just flesh and bone ;)

Don't forget to keep us updated on ur inking

i will lilli must add sum pics had a cover up done which i wasnt happy with and the peeps on here were brill with advice and tips will post pics still have to go for final touch up its a hard bug to beat always lookin for nice designs

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The thread title seems to be different to what you are asking, so I'll edit it for you.

It may not be the norm for tattoo artists to not have tattoos on themselves, but it may be a matter of wanting to wait to get something epic done, or it may be that they love tattoos, but do not want one themselves, or haven't decided what they want on themselves. Could be any number of things really.

Would I trust them? It wouldn't effect my judgement, their work should be the only thing that counts in that regard.

thanks damo, title was misleading, true what u say

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

When i got my first one by Ian flynn he only had one visible tattoo an it didn bother me. Lots of great tattoo artist hav very little ink like Tony Ciavvarro

Advertisement