Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living/working in Israel?

Options
  • 12-04-2009 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm studying Horticulture and want to get the f*** out of this p*ss sh*t weather and somewhere with a hot climate. Also the amount of sh*t there's gotta be to see there and the craic could be unreal.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AF Orphan

Unless your Jewish - Dont go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jimmy Carter

Couldn't give a **** about anything like that unless I get killed! If you're Jewish it's easy but it's no more difficult applying for a working visa than it is in any other country I'm sure, Israel has a massive agricultural industry and is a leading country in new technology also it makes sense to look for work somewhere that not many people would think of or be comfortable living in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

As much as I disagree with Israeli politics. It is a beautiful place and people are very very nice. I beleive everyone should go there at least once just even for a walk in Jerusalem. It is like living history all over again. Israel is very small country. You can drive from Lebanon border to Egypt border in 3 hours. Many places to go but being small you will see all in very short time. You can cross the Sinai from Eilat (not sure if it is still easy to do these days) or go to Cairo, Jordan to explore around. It is not a scary place, however with recent events security may be tight every where. I was there about 5 years ago and it was very safe. If you have a friend there it would help a lot. If you are muslim (regardless what people think) you will still get in but won't be easy. Israelis are not as racist as they are made out to be. They will accept you as you are and respect you for that. They are very welcoming too. I would say try, you will love it. However with current economic climate they are having though time too like every other country.

All the best.

Advertisement