Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time for a new leader again

Options
  • 12-04-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

who will be the next in line

willie o dea
    mary hanaffin
    noel dempsey
    beverly cooper flynn

who will be the next leader that will bring the country back from the slums like bertie did

what about charlie mc creevy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

who will be the next leader that will bring the country back from the slums like bertie did
    I take it you ARE joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Bring back Haughey tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

beverly cooper flynn

AAHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lord, help us and save us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

nah, I'd say its time for better followers as well as a better leader ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If it's anyone it'll be Michael Martin.

I want to see to FF kicked as much as the next person.
    But I do reckon Minister Martin will be the next leader of FF
    beverly cooper flynn

WTF? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Sean_K wrote: »
    Bring back Haughey tbh.
    He won't need to tighten his belt this time.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

i think willie o dea

he is the only one old enough, the rest of them have no expierence, and dont attempt to say brian or conor lenehan, time to get rid of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

I'd vote for Dustin the Turkey before I'd vote for any of the people on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

I'm with you on Dustin.

Vote for him before I'd vote for those FF wasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I suspect FF is going to be heading for the wilderness for a long time after the next general election. So who the next leader will be is about as relevant as Enda Kenny has been over the past 7 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Fianna Fails challenge is to recover from a historic, unprecedented collapse in its vote. They dont need to worry about leading the country for a generation.

And nominating Bev Cooper Flynn? Shes exactly what is *wrong* with Fianna Fail. All brass neck, corrupt, and incompetent.

Interesting possibility: He was sent into exile for the past few years, but he was sent into exile because he has no support in Fianna Fail and is not "one of the boys". He has no chance.

well im one of the boys and im also one of charlies best friends, i think he would be a great leader another bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

willie o dea
    mary hanaffin
    noel dempsey
    beverly cooper flynn

who will be the next leader that will bring the country back from the slums like bertie did: (:eek::eek::eek::eek: Hillel)

Beverly gets my vote, she's the only class act amongst that lot.
    (And God knows we could do with a class act, at the moment!;))

P.S. Stop casting aspersions on Bertie - he wasn't near the slums. No, honestly.

well im one of the boys and im also one of charlies best friends, i think he would be a great leader another bertie

Given that Berties greatest achievement was to leave Brian Cowen to take the fall, thats not a stunning endorsement. Everything thats come due this year: the unsustainable public sector, the property bubble, the loss of competiveness was all created and encouraged by Bertie Ahern. He will go down in history as one of the worst Irish leaders.

i dont think he will somehow,

imagine the poverty we would have been stricken with if , we had been stuck with that rediculas rainbow government,

and john brutal , imagine that we would have ended up back in famine times, with that pr1ck

so be greatful bertie came along and gave us a new lease of life, and roll on charlie mc creevy the sooner the better,

Well, John Bruton might have his own problems, but doubling state spending on the back of a property bubble, whilst leaving the banks completely unregulated leading to the near bankruptcy of the state isnt one of them. Let alone the "decentralisation" vote buying exercise which was shameful.

About the only benefit of Fianna Fail government was McCreevy as Minister for Finance. Once he was shafted there was no upside to Fianna Fail government. Bertie will go down as one of the most incompetent, corrupt and terrible leaders in Irish history.

your wrong bertie was the best modern leader this country will ever see, and along with that you wouldnt have a pot to piss in if it wasnt for him, and charlie mc creevy

biffo just came too inexpierenced into a position that was destroyed by bankers and developers, in the first place not by bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

your wrong bertie was the best modern leader this country will ever see, and along with that you wouldnt have a pot to piss in if it wasnt for him, and charlie mc creevy

biffo just came too inexpierenced into a position that was destroyed by bankers and developers, in the first place not by bertie

I'm with you, it was all Bertie. Nothing to do with an educated work force, low corporation tax and cheap interest. Bertie done everything, he didn't coast along on an opportunity at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Woger wrote: »
    I'm with you, it was all Bertie. Nothing to do with an educated work force, low corporation tax and cheap interest. Bertie done everything, he didn't coast along on an opportunity at all.

And don't forget how he single-handedly brought about peace in the North.:rolleyes:

and along with that he single handedly ran the e u for the 6 months he was president, along with running ireland in the middle of a huge boom at the time, while saving the north aswell,

i think a nobel award is on the way for him, good man bertie roll back the good times,

or as charlie mc creevy would say keep on partying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

willie o dea
    mary hanaffin
    noel dempsey
    beverly cooper flynn

Willie O Dea is a national joke,
    Charlie McCreevey would be ok but the union commie protectionist fcuks that have such an influence on FF would never allow it.
    Micheal Martin is the obvious choice for me however he is got fcuked over by nepotism within FF.
    Biffo is mediocre and needs to grow a pair.

what about on the other hand noel dempsey

he is a good public speaker and atleast he can be understood when talking, and seems to have come out of his shell alot on the television politics shows

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

This thread is a wind up surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

yes and who cares that the poor got poorer and the rich got richer, then had to be bailed out.

dont be silly the rich are really infact poor ,

they are just good bluffers

poor old bertie,

so who will it be then
    charlie mc creevy or noel dempsey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Sand wrote: »
    Given that Berties greatest achievement was to leave Brian Cowen to take the fall, thats not a stunning endorsement. Everything thats come due this year: the unsustainable public sector, the property bubble, the loss of competiveness was all created and encouraged by Bertie Ahern. He will go down in history as one of the worst Irish leaders.

remind me again how long poor innocent Cowen was Minister for Finance again??

too fcuken long ,but he wont be leader for half as long, bring on mc creevy or dempsey

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

dont be silly the rich are really infact poor ,

they are just good bluffers

poor old bertie,

so who will it be then
    charlie mc creevy or noel dempsey

okay step of you pedestal Dorothy,

You dont seem to know what poor is,
    Im talking about the 1 in 5 kids in the country at risk of poverty, Im talking about the physically and intellectual disabled that this country has barely provided for and when it has has done so, has done it with sore look on its face, or the elderly who this state bus into rest homes because its less hassle to set up an in home care service which would also be cheaper then paying for the rest homes, or the travelling community who are offer time and time again houses as opposed to adequately serviced halting sites, or the vast majority of the homeless in Ireland many of whom have mental problems who are wasting their lives in shelters because the Gov expects charities to move them on.

Dont disrespect the struggle that the poor in this country have by comparing them to those who had an opportunity to up their standard of living but squandered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

leitrim lad

see these yokes: :D:D

they are normally to be used when making a sarcastic post.

here, have a few more ...dot them round your posts so far

:D:D:D:D:D:D:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement