Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time for a new leader again

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

just off the phone to dermot of the ahearns

he was a bit upset that his name hasnt been mentioned as of yet, but he doesnt want the hassle,

he said when he is finished with the justice role he wants the enviorment ministry , and a new bicycle

Enough of this drivel.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

The idea of Bev becoming a leader makes me scared.

Seriously, this is a woman who seems to think that because daddy was in the Dail, SHE GETS TO BE. By rights.

My family come from Mayo, I was in Castlebar during the general election.
    THe woman terrifies me to my very soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

The idea of Bev becoming a leader makes me scared.

Seriously, this is a woman who seems to think that because daddy was in the Dail, SHE GETS TO BE. By rights.

My family come from Mayo, I was in Castlebar during the general election.
    THe woman terrifies me to my very soul.

More than the people who voted for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Woger wrote: »
    More than the people who voted for her?

They mostly came from Castlebar and I can;t really blame them. Her old man did a lot for the town so I can see why theyd vote for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

Thanks Leitrim Lad, although regarding your FF friends we have to part ways.

Myself and the other half have a disagreement. I want to put a big F*** Off Fianna Fail on the front window, he says no as he wants to abuse them personally when they come to the door. See kids married life can be fun.:D

Anyway back to Dreamy McWilliams with that lock of hair and Eddie Hobbs. Remember the Show about the SSIA maturity, what did Eddie tell us to buy? Gold. And to pay off your mortgages. The man was right.

I think they get a pretty hard time, I know some of the breakfast roll stuff was naff but they have called this correctly for a while, and when we still had time to do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

many people here did as well. We were told ages ago that the house of cards was gonna come crashing down and Bertie told us to go commit suicide. Hobbs and McWilliams should stick the day job. Interesting soundbits aside they have very little to offer IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Myself and the other half have a disagreement. I want to put a big F*** Off Fianna Fail on the front window, he says no as he wants to abuse them personally when they come to the door.

At least you've got an excuse for being in two minds....I'm having that discussion with myself!

Having a big sign on all the doors on a street would give a clear indication to these scum that we've had enough of their self-serving, living the high-life and making ad-hoc tax decisions that only affect the average Joe while letting their fat-cat friends off scot-free.

While answering the door to them and telling them "you're sound enough as a local representative, but you'll need to change party IMMEDIATELY or you'll be tarred with the same brush" is tempting too.

As always, an election means there's a decision to be made....

But on the day, I'm taking dog-pooh in with me; it's the only way any Fianna Failure candidate will get a mark beside their name..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

I plan to open the door with a big welcoming smile :) to all FF representatives.

Then I'll take the propaganda flyer off them as they usually hand this to you first, rip it up into tiny pieces while shouting F*** Off rather loud. In the interest of recycling I'll hand the ripped flyer back.

I'll then calmly close the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

One advantage of having toddler is good supply of full nappies.
    If those f***ers turn up at my door they will get a full one.

I work with a few staunch ffers who for past week have been arrogantly telling us that the budget is not bad and completely necessary because of all the problems due to the bad bankers, the world's economy, the time of year, the historical recessionary cycle every 30 odd years, etc, etc.
    It never has anything to do with them and their decisions :rolleyes:
    Sometimes there is a temptation to go postal but that is for another forum :mad:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

mikemac wrote: »
    If it's anyone it'll be Michael Martin.
    glaston wrote: »
    Micheal Martin is the obvious choice for me …

I’ve always had a soft spot for him too :D!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

bcirl03 wrote: »
    I plan to open the door with a big welcoming smile :) to all FF representatives.

Then I'll take the propaganda flyer off them as they usually hand this to you first, rip it up into tiny pieces while shouting F*** Off rather loud. In the interest of recycling I'll hand the ripped flyer back.

I'll then calmly close the door.

I quite like the passive-aggressiveness of it all.

Mystick Monkey, yes we got it but the only 2 'prominent' people in the public eye that got it and said something were those 2.

No one in FF, FG etc said a word. Merkel in 2007 asked for better bank regulation in the EU adn G8 and got laughed at. People did know, all except the best paid politicians in the world, and the committees and their quangos...and the consultants...and the lobbyists.

I have a real problem with the those that caused it are hanging around to help fix it up, all they want is to make sure the bodies stay hidden, there were few people that called it got air time and they did.

Anyway they can recruit from boards from all us clever clogs to help them out and I will make the cup cakes to keep your blood sugar up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

jmayo wrote: »
    It never has anything to do with them and their decisions :rolleyes:

No, they were somehow only responsible for the Celtic Tiger..... and any links between that an the unsustainable property bubble are fictional, because they're not responsible for that at all...... :rolleyes:

How about changing about €1,000 into 1c coins and putting it in a large ****-filled bucket suspended over the door, and then when they come knocking you could scream "GO ONNNN, TAKE IT ALLLLLLL, EVERY LAST CENT OF MY HARD-EARNED WAGES", and tip the bucket on them....

Although the way FF are going, they'd probably still be there 20 mins later picking up the coins out of the **** and licking them clean......better not, since that would involve having twice the amount of **** on your doorstep.

Advertisement