Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling Isolated

Options
  • 13-04-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I typed up this post last night, but it didn't get posted for some reason. I am a registered user but I don't really want anyone finding out about this post so I'm going unreg.

Anyways here is the thing. I am a 23 year old female. I have come-out of the closet in the last eight months to most people.There are still a few that don't know. Everyone has been fine about it really, as it isn't that big of a deal to anyone.

But here is my problem. I have never had a girlfriend and I am still a virgin. I feel horribly embarassed about this, and I would really like to meet someone nice, but it just feels impossible. I feel as though I have done everything I am suppossed to do to meet other gay people. I have joined my lgbt society in college. I go to all the meetings, and have gone on nights out and stuff, but still I feel isolated and struggling. I have made a couple of friends from the group, but most of them already know each other a long time so I generally feel on the outside of things. I am worried that I wont really see any of them over the Summer break from college either so I will be back to being totally isolated. I just don't know what to do anymore. Can anyone offer any advice, or opinions on my situation?Thanks.

Advertisement