Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could the country go bust if the Dole reached 500,000?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭francish

irish bob

i agree with your points and they are going to be hard to argue with,

however to answer your question on the party, i have stated my position in this party on this site, about the two brians eunuch and mary coughlan and that should make my position clear,

bring back bertie and charlie mc creevy please the gag is up lads

or run the two brians and mary coughlan, they would be easily replaced by mary hanaffin ,noel dempsey, willie o dea and michael martin, a very good combination in my eyes

Leitrim Lad - the economic reality that we are now facing is the evidence of 11 years of Bertie Ahern as leader. While Cowen has played his part and I am not one for defending him, for me the book stops with Ahern. He was the leader for the 10 year period when all of this happen and no one is more responsible. There are loads of ignorant people out there who will simply equate Bertie's tenure with money in pocket so he was a good leader.

On McCreevy - he was the one who brought in 20% CGT. It drove me absolutely crazy to listen to politician after politician talk about how lowering the rate increased revenue. They failed to understand that more money is not always the only consideration which should shape government taxation policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭francish

o he will make taoiseach

i guaruntee it, he is a cross between albert, charles and bertie, just what the country needs

disipline and a broad mind, all in the one man

The political future of any TD sitting who sat at a cabinet meeting with Bertie Ahern will be over when FF are out of government, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

francish wrote: »
    The political future of any TD sitting who sat at a cabinet meeting with Bertie Ahern will be over when FF are out of government, no question.

Not just out of government, but cast out to the political and social wilderness for a generation.

If I have one hope that something positive may come out of this recession, it is the hope that the corrupt cult that is FF may cease to exist as a political entity

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

o he will make taoiseach

i guaruntee it, he is a cross between albert, charles and bertie, just what the country needs

disipline and a broad mind, all in the one man

Leitrim lad, can you provide any examples of how Dempsey made and implemented good policy decisions from his time as a minister of any department?

Actually, nevermind. The fact that you say he is a cross between three corrupt politicians speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Never before have I seen such blind devotion to any party let alone the party the got us into this mess.

If biffo and co see things the way you do leitrim lad then there really is no hope until the next general election.

As has been mentioned before, we need to create stable and consistent economic developlment for the future through investment in education and infastructure.

Property and construction are clearly not sustainable, thanks FF!

• Advertisement
Advertisement