Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 13/4/09: The Draft *SPOILERS*

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't think she said it outright though, she just went rambling on about HHH and DQ's but never announced the stip.

I tune out when she is on. I checked the preview on wwe,com and it said this.....

if Orton or his cohorts tasted victory, then The Legend Killer would become the new WWE Champion. Closer to Backlash, Guerrero also stipulated that Orton can still capture the title if his team wins by count-out or disqualification. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Fair enough we all have our views.

In my view Matt hardy will not die just became matt hardy is gonna be buried alive, MVP is only going to have a talk show, hhh on raw with batista, cena, orton, big show and excuse me viki makes it the biggest pile of dino dung to ever grace the (WWE) Universe. Thank god for the fast forward button on the sky plus remote!

Vickie is awesome, two words generate so much heat! Brilliant stuff.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Vickie is awesome, two words generate so much heat! Brilliant stuff.

Is it not cheap heat and a bit boring? excuse me, its like saying ireland sux. A heel with real heat should be able to retain your attention not make you tune out. Jericho, Edge and Orton make you listen too them and hate them for what they do and say. Vickie just says excuse me and it makes me think excuse me did you not say that last week?

EDIT: Oh and the booing, thats just fun to do, its fun to boo boring charachters with nothing interesting to say.

Is it not cheap heat and a bit boring? excuse me, its like saying ireland sux. A heel with real heat should be able to retain your attention not make you tune out. Jericho, Edge and Orton make you listen too them and hate them for what they do and say. Vickie just says excuse me and it makes me think excuse me did you not say that last week?

I don't belive it's cheap heat to be honest, it's not like X-Pac heat anyway. Vickie doesn't make tune out, because you know she's gonna put a spanner in the works, because as a heel GM, that's her job. It's the same as when Bischoff was GMing RAW and you heard the infamous "I'm BAAACK" music. Instant booing! Because you knew you were gonna get news you didn't wanna hear.

In Vickie's case, she doesn't need music. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think Vickie is much more suited to being a manager rather than a GM. I don't think she's good enough at getting across stipulations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Heat is heat IMO amd its better than no ome giving a flying f*ck about you. Even so called X Pac heat is much better than complete indifference from the audience. Imagine how soul destroying it must be to heel it up for a full match, only to have the sound of crickets ringing in your ears as the ref raises your hand. The name Koslov, Vladimir springs to mind.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Heat is heat IMO amd its better than no ome giving a flying f*ck about you. Even so called X Pac heat is much better than complete indifference from the audience. Imagine how soul destroying it must be to heel it up for a full match, only to have the sound of crickets ringing in your ears as the ref raises your hand. The name Koslov, Vladimir springs to mind.

See Walker, Braden. :D:D:D

Your right, heat is better than no reaction.

But Vickie is NOT awesome. She's a pain in the butt. Jericho he is awesome, vickie, nope sorry she just a pain and brings nothing that couldn't be replaced with ease.

Your right, heat is better than no reaction.

But Vickie is NOT awesome. She's a pain in the butt. Jericho he is awesome, vickie, nope sorry she just a pain and brings nothing that couldn't be replaced with ease.

Yeah, Jericho is so awesome on the mic that he was gone for two years and few people missed him... riiiiiight! :rolleyes:

Yeah, Jericho is so awesome on the mic that he was gone for two years and few people missed him... riiiiiight! :rolleyes:

I dunno about other people, i only speak for myself and i was pretty miffed when jericho left and pretty happy when he came back.

I'm delighted he was moved to smackdown, that way his on screen time can't be overshadowed by interaction with the most creative and awesome heel out there with a two word cathphrase..... please vickie's only capabilites are in comedy sketches where others do the work. they would be better off with santino as gm.

• Advertisement

I dunno about other people, i only speak for myself and i was pretty miffed when jericho left and pretty happy when he came back.

I think he was mentioned here on average about once every three months during his time was out, until his book came out, thats when everyone started clammering for his return.

Much like the Eddie Guerrero "fans" who were sad to see him pass, despite the fact that they didn't give two hoots about him when WWE fired him in 2001, but you don't want to get me started on that one.
    I'm delighted he was moved to smackdown, that way his on screen time can't be overshadowed by interaction with the most creative and awesome heel out there with a two word cathphrase..... please vickie's only capabilites are in comedy sketches where others do the work. they would be better off with santino as gm.

Santino? Be real, that twat hasn't been funny for well over a year, it's the same sh*t every damn week! A GM position needs to be someone that you love to hate, not someone you love to laugh at. They tried that with Teddy Long, and it worked for a few months before they got bored with him.

ISantino? Be real, that twat hasn't been funny for well over a year, it's the same sh*t every damn week! A GM position needs to be someone that you love to hate, not someone you love to laugh at. They tried that with Teddy Long, and it worked for a few months before they got bored with him.

What the differance between snatino and vickie? Okay i don't want this to go on all night, and we are gonna keep our opinions regardless.
    But your dislike of santino (By the way your not supposed to like him) is like my indifferance to vickies charachter it's the same sh*t every damn week - As a GM she just bores me i don't love to hate her, for me she doesn't evoke emotions like a top class heel can/would.

I'm glad she was drafted to raw, may as well keep all the bores on the same brand (People i consider bores).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't find Santino that great for a couple of months recently but the Santina stuff has me laughing again. He just pulls it off so well

Vickie's great. I just love it when she comes out screaming "excuse me". So simple yet so effective

Fozzy wrote: »
    I didn't find Santino that great for a couple of months recently but the Santina stuff has me laughing again. He just pulls it off so well

Vickie's great. I just love it when she comes out screaming "excuse me". So simple yet so effective

Give Fozzy Matt Coopers job on the last word. You know what Foz, your probably right on both counts but myself and SR would only agree with one point each.

What the differance between snatino and vickie? Okay i don't want this to go on all night, and we are gonna keep our opinions regardless.
    But your dislike of santino (By the way your not supposed to like him) is like my indifferance to vickies charachter it's the same sh*t every damn week - As a GM she just bores me i don't love to hate her, for me she doesn't evoke emotions like a top class heel can/would.

I'm glad she was drafted to raw, may as well keep all the bores on the same brand (People i consider bores).

It's not a case of like and dislike, it's a case of who fits the role. Santino wouldn't fit a GM role because nobody is going to respect a joker-boss. Vickie is annoying as hell, she's supposed to be! She gets booed in week in and week out for exactly the same reason, because she's a pain in the ass.

Guess what, she's supposed to be?
    Santino is a pain in the ass too, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons, reasons that would never make a GM role work. Go back to when Eugene was GM for a night and it would be almost similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

, reasons that would never make a GM role work. Go back to when Eugene was GM for a night and it would be almost similar.

So it would be fantastic?

It's not a case of like and dislike, it's a case of who fits the role. Santino wouldn't fit a GM role because nobody is going to respect a joker-boss. Vickie is annoying as hell, she's supposed to be! She gets booed in week in and week out for exactly the same reason, because she's a pain in the ass.

Guess what, she's supposed to be?
    Santino is a pain in the ass too, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons, reasons that would never make a GM role work. Go back to when Eugene was GM for a night and it would be almost similar.

I used santino to show how people can have opposite opinions to others, like i do towards vickie when compared to you.

It's not a case of like and dislike- i disagree, Thats exactly what it is! I don't like vickies persona, to me same stuff every week = boring. I had to guess along time ago that vickie was meant to be a pain in the ass because she was unable to evoke emotions or create disllike in my mind. To me she is talentless. Someone like Chris Jericho can flick a switch and change his persona, could vickie? Don't think so. Thats why I don't consider her awesome.

I used santino to show how people can have opposite opinions to others, like i do towards vickie when compared to you.

It's not a case of like and dislike- i disagree, Thats exactly what it is! I don't like vickies persona, to me same stuff every week = boring. I had to guess along time ago that vickie was meant to be a pain in the ass because she was unable to evoke emotions or create disllike in my mind. To me she is talentless. Someone like Chris Jericho can flick a switch and change his persona, could vickie? Don't think so. Thats why I don't consider her awesome.

Again, the difference is, Vickie gets booed because she's hated. Exactly why they kept her in a GM role.

Santino couldn't do that if he tried, he'd be too busy being the clown in the role, and while it works for the short term, it gets stale very quick.

Vickie may get stale too, but you could say the same about 80% of the heels on the roster.

I've a feeling we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this, cos i've a college project that I really gotta finish here!! :D

Again, the difference is, Vickie gets booed because she's hated. Exactly why they kept her in a GM role.

Santino couldn't do that if he tried, he'd be too busy being the clown in the role, and while it works for the short term, it gets stale very quick.

Vickie may get stale too, but you could say the same about 80% of the heels on the roster.

I've a feeling we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this, cos i've a college project that I really gotta finish here!! :D

Normally when they show the crowd booing vickie they are laughing their heads off, they look like they boo as its fun rather than because its hate. Thats just my view.

I agree to disagree. Ask fozzy to have the last word again.

Fozzy's used to it! He modded the place for almost 18 months. Last word syndrome is something he is all to familiar with! ;)

And with that... baaaack on topic :D

• Advertisement

With the extra draft picks tomorrow, who needs a move to another brand? To me the best place to go is ecw if your on the lower end of the scale on raw or smackdown, so who could benefit from going there. I'm thinking Kennedy and Kendrick.

From ecw, John Morrison now needs to go to smackdown.

Who do you think needs a move rather than who do you want moved?

With the extra draft picks tomorrow, who needs a move to another brand? To me the best place to go is ecw if your on the lower end of the scale on raw or smackdown, so who could benefit from going there. I'm thinking Kennedy and Kendrick.

From ecw, John Morrison now needs to go to smackdown.

Who do you think needs a move rather than who do you want moved?

Kennedys not gloing anywhere. You can't draft people outa the Medical centre, where hes been cooped up for years.:pac:

Kennedys not gloing anywhere.

He may be if radiation is the cause of his constant injuries! :pac:

He may be if radiation is the cause of his constant injuries! :pac:

Maybe its the cure!:pac:Damn chubby fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Well Smackdown got proverbably raped, sodomised and left in the ditch to die, didn't it?

- We start off with Batista, cutting the exact same promo as he cut when he returned in 2006 after Mizark put him on the shelf. He wants retribution! He wasnts revenge! He wants Orton!! But wait! Here comes Shane O'Jackass bouncing around like he has thumbtacks in his shoe with his right arm on the swivel. And HE wants revenge, HE wants retribution, he wants Orton. BUT WAIT! Here comes Triple H! AND HE DEMANDS ORTON! But wait...

- EXCUSE ME!!! EXCUSE ME!!! Vickie Guerrero to let us know a match will decide who Orton will face next week. Waste of 20 minutes.

- Mysterio v Bourne to start off with, waaaaay too short, this could have been an extra ten minute longer and is a match I want to see again. I'm finding my love for high flying wrestling again thanks to Bourne.

- MVP to RAW. Works for me, he wasn't doing much on Smackdown to note anyway and was past his use by date there. Problem there is now both the IC and US titles are on RAW?

- Kane v Brian Kendrick. Kane literally squashes Kendrick in less than a minute. Yeah, Kane wants to put the younger talent over. We get another RAW pick

- Big Slow to RAW. OH COME ON! Does it really matter where this useless lug goes? He'll end up against another boxer or sumo wrestler before the year is out, ho hum!

- Cena/Swagger promo. Man, who did Kennedy piss off to have his gimmick raped this week?

- Diva's six lack tag. Missustaker with a pin over Mickie James, Finally, Smackdown gets a draft pick!

- Melina to Smackdown. Oh so now we have both womens titles on Smackdown?! I'm guessing creative didn't have their weetabix this morning when they came up with this. And people bitched about WCW's lack of organisation?

- MEGACena vs Jack Swagger. Cena sells nothing and sandbags Swaggers offence for the first half of the match, makes the MEGAComeback during the break, gives Swagger about 20 seconds offense before catching him, Attitude Adjustment and STF to earn two draft picks for RAW.

- Matt Hardy to RAW, crowd goes batsh*t. Matt looks that light is at the end of the main event tunnel.

- Triple H to RAW. Sorry Matt, that light we talked about? It's a freight train coming your way! So now we have another title on the RAW brand? RAW better be going to 3 hours every week if it plans to use this oversized roster?

- Khali over Santino - At least it was short, about the only positive thing this will get from me
    CP Munk to Smackdown, I guess my friday nights are free.

- Miz vs Kofi Kingston, Kofi is giving Miz the match of his career right here. Alright, my bias is obviously showing here, but Kofi has been impressing the hell out of me in the last few weeks. Morrison hands Kofi the win by getting Miz DQ'd. Great match, bad f*cking ending, ANOTHER RAW DRAFT PICK?!

- Miz to RAW? I love the way the two look heartbroken here when they initially never wanted to be paired together in the first place. Then Miz turns uber heel and dishes out a Reality Check to Morrison, this can't be good for Morrison as he's gonna suck as a face if that's what happens.

- 15 Man tri-brand battle royal for two draft picks. MVP, Mike Knox, Big Slow and Cryme Tyme on the RAW side, Finlay, Mizark, Tyson Kidd, Paul Burchill, and Ricky Ortiz on the ECW side, R-Truth, Chavo Guerrero, Edge, Carlito and Primo on the Smackdown side. Smackdown or ECW need this one in a bad way, it's looking silly already. Two hours down. Final four is Mizark, Finlay, Edge and Big Slow, out goes Finlay, Edge tries to plea bargain with Mizark, but Slow chokeslams him, but then Mizark turns on Big Slow. Slow comes back and dumps Mizark over the ropes but he's still on the rope. Struggle between the two fattys, Mizark is out, leaving Edge and Slow. Slow charges and Edge is left in the ring, and SD gets two draft picks. About f*cking time, says me.

- Kane to Smackdown, that's bye bye Smackdown for me. Edge won't be able to carry this show by himself with the donkeys left on it.

- Jericho to Smackdown! Well, Minto won't be watching RAW no more!!! Will be interesting to see what they do with Jericho and Edge though. Guess i'll still be paying attention to Smackdown for a bit.

- Christian vs Benjy. Benjy represents Smackdown? I thought he was ECW for some reason. Typical Benjy match, Christian with the fluke pin at the end to give ECW the draft pick.

- ECW drafts... Koslov! Expect WWE to wish him his future endeavours in the next few months I guess.

- Backstage... HHH, Shane and HHH are still mulling over who's gonna take Orton. It's 2005 all over again!

- CP Munk vs Matt Hardy. Oh oh, the internet just creamed itself. Dull, uninteresting and plodding match ends when Jeff interferes and gets CP Munk disqualified which gives RAW ANOTHER draft pick.

- Maryse to RAW. Well equalish talent wise, but damn, RAW has one fugly womens belt. :)

- This show seems to be going on forrreeeverrrrr

- Jericho vs Tommy Dreamer?! This was the best they could come up with the draft?! I don't even know why the hell Dreamer still has a job at this stage. Quote of the night from Grisham "If Tommy Dreamer is a legend, so is the Brooklyn Brawler!" Dreamer goes for his DDT, but Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho, rolled over and we get a couple of 2 counts. Dreamer tries a dive off the second rope, but Jericho catches him with a codebreaker for the pin and a draft pick for Smackdown

- Mysterio back to Smackdown, where he belongs, so we're evened up for the belts now except for the two major belts.

- HHH, Batista & Shane vs Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase. And this generates zero interest from me so I tune out.

Well at least the rosters are left balanced, i'll be happy to view both programs for a while and see how things pan out. At least until the supplemental draft tomorrow, anyway.

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you have now grown out of wrestling and have zero interest in it anymore for entertainment purposes? But only follow it to see the storylines and how they finish up? you clearly dont like watching it! so why do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Maryse stole Brian Kendricks weed?:D

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you have now grown out of wrestling and have zero interest in it anymore for entertainment purposes? But only follow it to see the storylines and how they finish up? you clearly dont like watching it! so why do you?

???
    I've no clue what I did to warrant that, but i'm in a good mood tonight after getting my college assignment done a week early, so i'll let you off with only an infraction for breach of peace. You're clearly trying to start an argument with that statement.

In the meantime i'll answer your question.
    I do like watching it. In fact, i specifically watched it to see how both brands that i watch (Raw and Smackdown) would pan out for the next few weeks.

But I'm guessing that didn't cross your mind.
    Next time, try to be a little more civil.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Maryse stole Brian Kendricks weed?:D
    Now that was amusing to say the least.
    CP Munk looked like he actually wanted some too, and i ain't talking about Maryse either. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

???
    I've no clue what I did to warrant that, but i'm in a good mood tonight after getting my college assignment done a week early, so i'll let you off with only an infraction for breach of peace. You're clearly trying to start an argument with that statement.

In the meantime i'll answer your question.
    I do like watching it. In fact, i specifically watched it to see how both brands that i watch (Raw and Smackdown) would pan out for the next few weeks.

But I'm guessing that didn't cross your mind.
    Next time, try to be a little more civil.

I think my post was pretty civilized,dont think i deserved an infraction for that but im not trying to start an argument. Its just that post and alot of your previous posts hardly say anything positive about any wwe show. Infact the majority seem to critizise wwe in every little aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is it just me, or does punk... not sound like himself?

Its as if he is putting on some sort of Austin voice.

I think my post was pretty civilized,dont think i deserved an infraction for that but im not trying to start an argument. Its just that post and alot of your previous posts hardly say anything positive about any wwe show. Infact the majority seem to critizise wwe in every little aspect.

Guess you weren't around last month when i sang the praises of No Way Out? :confused:

Supplemental Draft:

Thirteenth Draft Pick: Smackdown's Mr. Kennedy is drafted to Raw.

Fourteenth Draft Pick: Raw's Shad Gaspard is drafted to Smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Next pick, Alicia Fox to Smackdown

Another tag team split, Primo to Raw

Another tag team split, Primo to Raw

Didn't they break up most of their tag teams last year aswell.

• Advertisement

Didn't they break up most of their tag teams last year aswell.

Yeah, London & Kendrick and Deuce and Domino were split up last year iirc, possibly more.

Mike Knox to Smackdown

ECW only got one pick out of the whole draft so far

Advertisement