Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clonmel showgroungs shopping centre

Options
  • 13-04-2009 4:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Does anybody know what shops are going into the showgroungs shopping centre in clonmel? All I've heard of was Marks and Spencers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

ecdl07 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what shops are going into the showgroungs shopping centre in clonmel? All I've heard of was Marks and Spencers!

thats all so far- a cinema there too i heard

i remember having fairs there on paddys day when i was a kid

sob *memories*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Marks and Spensers and 28-30 different retail stores.

The siteplan doesn't mention anything else besides that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think the cinema is for the 2nd phase which was given planning permission last week.there's talks of an Argos store going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

tippspur wrote: »
    I think the cinema is for the 2nd phase which was given planning permission last week.there's talks of an Argos store going in there.

Ya Argos will def be going in there. Argos have been looking at clonmel for years, so this make perfect sense. Bye Bye Poppy fields ....... what a disaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

hblock21 wrote: »
    Ya Argos will def be going in there. Argos have been looking at clonmel for years, so this make perfect sense. Bye Bye Poppy fields ....... what a disaster!!

I dont think it would be that extreme, isnt Marks & Sparks considered to be more expensive to shop in compared to the likes of Super Valu?

Location wise aswell would there not be more potential customers coming from the cahir direction as opposed to people travelling from the waterford side of things?

Anyway is there any truth in the rumours Foot Locker and River Island will be two of the potential stores on offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

itsjaybud wrote: »
    I dont think it would be that extreme, isn't Marks & Sparks considered to be more expensive to shop in compared to the likes of Super Valu?

Location wise aswell would there not be more potential customers coming from the Cahir direction as opposed to people traveling from the Waterford side of things?

Anyway is there any truth in the rumors Foot Locker and River Island will be two of the potential stores on offer?

To be honest Poppy fields IS a disaster. Have you ever seen the carpark really full. Any time I've ever been there there's only ever been around 100 cars. The place needs more retail outlets. Actually I think one block hasn't even been let yet! (I could be wrong) But it DID take years to fill the last two blocks.

The place just seems dead to me. I don't think it will ever take off like they hoped it would, so in that sense it's already a disaster!

Clonmel has been longing this new development for 10 years and more. It will really rejuvenate the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Actualy thats something i often wondered why the carpark is so big there!:confused:

Its true alright that at the most its only half full, seems like such as a waste of space when it could have been used for more store/outlet buildings!

I still think disaster is probably a bit strong, but would agree that the new development will add to the town once the right retailers can be put in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Lets hope it draws business back into the centre of the town, I'm amazed at the amount of shop units that are closed about the town mainly due to the ridiculous rents that are being charged. Also lets hope the old Tesco building on Gladestone St. takes off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Fcuk sake.
    Even Clonmel gets an M&S before Limerick.

No fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I think you'll find alot of traffic from the Waterford side once they realise that they nolonger have to travel to Dublin or Cork for M&S

• Advertisement

What's the road from Waterford to Cork like ?

it's a bit meh Castlemartyr has to be the worst. once you hit Midleton dual carriage way the whole way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

ecdl07 wrote: »

I've heard rumours that HMV's going in there. Not 100% though.

28-30 stores sounds quite good.
    iceage wrote: »
    Lets hope it draws business back into the centre of the town, I'm amazed at the amount of shop units that are closed about the town mainly due to the ridiculous rents that are being charged. Also lets hope the old Tesco building on Gladestone St. takes off soon.

The old Tesco building's all renovated and looks good. Dunno what the hell's going in there though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

I've heard rumours that HMV's going in there. Not 100% though.

28-30 stores sounds quite good.

The old Tesco building's all renovated and looks good. Dunno what the hell's going in there though!

By all accounts Tesco's wanted a discount on the original rent to reflect the fall in rents nationwide. The developer said no and now its empty and will probably remain so for a while. Still charges to get into the near empty Danno's , not good.

any one know when this is open???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Showgrounds are open in September

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Marks and Spencers will be open at the end of the month. It will be the only one opening then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

how do i find this place? Coming from the waterford direction,do i go past the racecourse or what?
    The website is poor enough to explan to people not familar with the area :(

decies wrote: »
    how do i find this place? Coming from the waterford direction,do i go past the racecourse or what?
    The website is poor enough to explan to people not familar with the area :(

No, you don't go to the racecourse. Take first exit at the first roundabout and head into town. On the left after Barlos you'll see it (old greyhound racing track) before the old Regal cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ponster wrote: »
    No, you don't go to the racecourse. Take first exit at the first roundabout and head into town. On the left after Barlos you'll see it (old greyhound racing track) before the old Regal cinema.

That's precise. You can't miss it after Barlow's really.

• Advertisement

Open next thursday 25th June....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Well is M+S open or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Yes
    tried to get in yesterday but the long queue put me off.
    Friend mentioned that there was still a long queue to get into today too.

HTH

Fran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Boolana

Was there today. I parked in town and it took me all of 2 mins to walk there, although traffic queuing was mad. Some nice stuff. Pity most of the building is empty as yet though. I love Marks food so was pretty happy.

That roundabout leading into M&S is lethal, i know of at least 3 accidents that happened there before the place was even opened..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JuJuBean

Its a pretty small M&S really, the food range is limited but it will give you a good flavour of their range. Can't beat the huge ones in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

How far is M & S from the bus station, walking distance please?

There is no bus station as such, but there is a train station (about 1.5 Kms or 20 minutes walk).

Buses from Waterford/Kilkenny side probably stop closer to the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Sorry, meant train station as that's where the bus from Waterford stops, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Its been a long time since I took the bus from waterford...but I remember the bus used to stop just as it arived in Clonmel...just after the mall,just beside a carpet shop.I dont know if it still does...it would save you some legwork.

Advertisement