Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clonmel showgroungs shopping centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

How far is M & S from the bus station, walking distance please?

I'd reckon you should give it a good 30-45 minute walk. Do you know how to get from the Station to M&S?
    Ponster wrote: »
    There is no bus station as such, but there is a train station (about 1.5 Kms or 20 minutes walk).

Buses from Waterford/Kilkenny side probably stop closer to the store.

Bus Station is at the same place as the Train station. Bus Station at the front, train station at the back.
    Sorry, meant train station as that's where the bus from Waterford stops, thanks.

See above.
    DT100 wrote: »
    Its been a long time since I took the bus from waterford...but I remember the bus used to stop just as it arived in Clonmel...just after the mall,just beside a carpet shop.I dont know if it still does...it would save you some legwork.

Yep. Waterford bus stops at the old 'Regal Theatre', you'll see it right past the new Showgrounds, it's a reddish-yellow building. The stop outside the carpet shop isn't there anymore, not sure why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Yeah from Clonmel...remember it used to stop on the way to Clonmel..but never stopped on the way to waterford....does it stop on the way down now?..The regal stop would be only mins away from m&s...but appleblossom would need to meet it at the station on the back,so 30/40 mins of a walk...and carrying all those bags...maybe more;)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Surely there's a bus from the station or nearby to M & S? Thanks for all the info guys.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

The Train/Bus station isnt that far from M&S?

The circle near the bottom is where M&S is while the other one is the station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

15/20 minutes tops walking time from M + S to the train/bus station.

• Advertisement

Yeah from Clonmel...remember it used to stop on the way to Clonmel..but never stopped on the way to waterford....does it stop on the way down now?

It never stopped on the way to Waterford? The Waterford bus, number 55 comes from Limerick, it pulls in to the station with 'Waterford' on the front. Therefore isn't Clonmel the stop? You can also get the Waterford bus to Waterford at Clonmel across from the Regal Theatre too.
    ..The regal stop would be only mins away from m&s

Literally.
    ...but appleblossom would need to meet it at the station on the back,so 30/40 mins of a walk...and carrying all those bags...maybe more;)

Appleblossom, I'm a little confused, you're coming from Waterford? Later on you can get the bus at the station or just across from M&S/Regal Theatre towards Waterford
    The circle near the bottom is where M&S is while the other one is the station

Yep, that map's spot on. Take Thomas St. all the way down and take a left and keep going, you'll see it fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Reachercreature, yes I'll be coming up from Waterford. That's grand then, I'll get the bus back to Waterford by The Regal Theatre. Thanks all!

It never stopped on the way to Waterford? The Waterford bus, number 55 comes from Limerick, it pulls in to the station with 'Waterford' on the front. Therefore isn't Clonmel the stop? You can also get the Waterford bus to Waterford at Clonmel across from the Regal Theatre too.

What I meant was, I thought the bus didnt stop between the station in Clonmel and Waterford.:DI know it comes from limerick...and it has waterford on the front;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

the new m and s store in clonmel is a big disappoinment according to all of my female friends. they have said that the clothes area isnt big enough and either is the grocery dept. and that the grocery dept. is way too dear. they wont be goin back in a hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JuJuBean

Not a disaster, just a small M&S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rochey_

its a bloody 5 max 10 mins walk for god sake wat age are ye 90 is it.. 30mins never heard the likes of it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Rochey_ wrote: »
    its a bloody 5 max 10 mins walk for god sake wat age are ye 90 is it.. 30mins never heard the likes of it

5-10 minutes from the train station to M&S ?

It's 1.7Kms. It's going to take the average person about 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rochey_

an average over weight person maybe

joeduggan wrote: »
    the new m and s store in clonmel is a big disappoinment according to all of my female friends. they have said that the clothes area isnt big enough and either is the grocery dept. and that the grocery dept. is way too dear. they wont be goin back in a hurry.

I've heard it is actually a bit of a let down, it seems quite expensive and small but as someone said earlier in the thread -
    Its a pretty small M&S really, the food range is limited but it will give you a good flavour of their range. Can't beat the huge ones in Dublin.

Sure you can walk from the Station down to the Showgrounds in 5 minutes flat but does AppleBlossom want to sprint around the place? 15-30 minutes is the general consensus on this forum, which is a handy/easy walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

It's 1.7Kms. It's going to take the average person about 20 minutes.

1.7km?? not a chance, its about half that I would guess. it would take a reasonable fit person 10mins to run that distance!

It's 1.7 alright; 200 yards longer if you go down to the bottom of Dillon street.

It's 1.7 alright; 200 yards longer if you go down to the bottom of Dillon street.

google maps gives the distance as 1km, that'll take you 10-12 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

What do people think of the Fine Wines off licence opened up beside M&S? Lots of bargains to be had there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

very good got 6 bottle of red for 15 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Anyone got directions to the M & S store from the Thurles direction?
    Looking forward to seeing if they have any decent stuff over Xmas usually have to go up to Dundrum for a few bits they have some nice Xmas and seasonal stuff. Perhaps they'll extend the store if it becomes popular.

Wouldn't mind an Ikea down this end Argos is ok but it's about same distance to the Kilkenny one from here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

yout not going to miss such there its so tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anyone know how I could go about getting a weekend job in one of the shops when they open in september?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

grenache wrote: »
    What do people think of the Fine Wines off licence opened up beside M&S? Lots of bargains to be had there!
    Agree with you,i was in there last week some good deals in there and a very good variety as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mobilebroadband

ya,

does anyone know aboiut getting a weekend job in one of those [places in the shopping centre, does m and s hire weekend people, also what shops are coming there soon that might be looking for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

It is in my hole, no more than 3/4 of a mile. Less even. It wouldnt take 10 mins from the bus station to get there walking at a handy pace.

It is in my hole, no more than 3/4 of a mile. Less even. It wouldnt take 10 mins from the bus station to get there walking at a handy pace.

Measured it 2 weeks ago. It's exactly 1.2kms or 3/4 miles :)

You're a lot younger then me if you get get there in 10 minutes though :D

You could walk there in ten mins...if you run like hell:D

DT100 wrote: »
    You could walk there in ten mins...if you run like hell:D

haven't been exercising lately have you!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr Web

For me now that the M&S place is open... I think it looks like muck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I heard there's a Pamela Scott women's clothes shop coming there soon and a Belgian chocolate shop.

Advertisement