Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Property not ready on time

Options
  • 13-04-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

A few weeks ago I went to view a property with my partner, and we loved it so decided to take it. The property still had some work on it, but landlord said that it would be done in a week or so.As he had given us this timeframe we decided to go along a paid the deposit. We understand when dealing with builders there can always be a delay so we agreed that we move in the 31th of March.
    When getting closer to this date I spoke to him and he said it is not ready yet, Give it another week. And so we did.
    The two week later he has not completed the fixed all the appliances in the kitchen, no beds, no sofas ect. Now he is telling me that he ordered these and it will take another two weeks.
    I am pissed off..

Don`t know what do now. Iam tired of staying with friends. And I want this house to be done..
    Any advice what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Find somewhere else to rent - there is currently a glut of properties on the market, you can find somewhere nice.

Think about it this way - if he's this reliable now, what about when something goes wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I think you would be right to find another place.

I don't necessarily think that the landlord is the problem. If you have every ordered anything like furniture you will be full aware they get delay more often than not. Tradesmen let you down all the time either way not your problem go rent a place that is fit to move into.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Walk away, but make sure you get your deposit back - on the grounds the property isn't available when it was supposed to be. If the landlord tries to blame anyone else, its his problem, not yours.

Advertisement