Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They dont make 'em like they used to...

• 13-04-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

...or do they ?
    Ive been listening to Aerosmith, AC/DC and Wishbone Ash the last few days in the house, Thin Lizzy's Live & Dangerous blasting out of the car.

So, any good recomendations for newer bands to catch up on?
    I've read good things about 'The Answer' from up North, and Black Stone Cherry from the US of A. Any other recomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Try some Airborne, you'll like those guys if you like AC/DC
    Also Stone Gods are worth checking out, if you like the thought of The Darkness without that squeaky f*cknut doing vocals. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Might be worth listening to. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Hmmm, gave Stone Gods & Airborne a listen. Some good tunes alright.

Gotthard not so good though Karl:D

I think the Gotthard suggestion was another one of KH's tongue in cheek jobs.
    I could be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What? No, that was a completely on the ball suggestion. Thought they might suit as Boycey mentioned Aerosmith. I tried though... :(

• Advertisement

What? No, that was a completely on the ball suggestion. Thought they might suit as Boycey mentioned Aerosmith. I tried though... :(

Sorry dude, but given some of your suggestions in the past, i've learned to take some of yours with a pinch of salt. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I thought Karl's choice was cool and I usually hate all that cheesy stuff...

OP, you don't need new stuff just backtrack through all the old stuff. It's quality!

Last.fm - Similar artists to Aerosmith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Jebus, did the Answer suddenly become good?! Last time I saw them they were terrible, but that was 2005.

Now Fisto, there was good Northern Irish Rock http://www.gbob.com/fisto/music/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

The Answer are very good, seen them in 07 in a small venue, high fived the singer:D
    Airborne are good, not my cup of tea tbh
    Try Stonerider, very good, very gnr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Judas Priest need to release another Painkiller. Think it's possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hopefully these will be right up your street

Black Mountain

Black Tide

Dirty Sweet

Pride Tiger

Advertisement