Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog nightmares

Options
  • 13-04-2009 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone elses dog does this. i have a lab, he has woken me and then himself up a few times doing this now, he starts howling in his sleep when he wakes himself up with it he jumps up barks then gets as close to me or my girlfriend as he can then goes back to sleep again.

Then he does this other thing where he starts running in his sleep paws going full tilt and lets a few soft barks then stops, its strange at night sometimes when he is sleeping on the floor my girlfriend thought there was a mouse in the room one night cos of the scraping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Hi, I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on how to help your lab stop having nightmares but I can assure you that its normal. My pup has twice woken himself up after having a nightmare. He starts yelping, then lets out a little bark as he shakes awake. Then looks around, confused. Does that sound like your dog?

It's also normal for their legs to go as you described, like they're running. Like poor Bizkit here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Hi, I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on how to help your lab stop having nightmares but I can assure you that its normal. My pup has twice woken himself up after having a nightmare. He starts yelping, then lets out a little bark as he shakes awake. Then looks around, confused. Does that sound like your dog?

It's also normal for their legs to go as you described, like they're running. Like poor Bizkit here:

hehehehe
    that gave me a good laugh:D
    running into a wall is 1 way to wake yourself up anyways!!
    im going to try it tomorro morning:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭XXNikXX

My aunt's lab sammy does this too, not as extreme as poor Bizkit running into walls but still funny to watch. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Molly does this too, she "runs" and seems to be having a good time chasing something :rolleyes:

Once or twice I've heard her whimpering like she wasn't having a good time, so I just stroked her ears (she loves this!) and she sort of half woke up then turned back over and went back into a normal sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

My kitten does this, she twitches and moves around when she is sleepin, lets little meows and jumps

Alot of the time she will wake herself then look at me with a "what the f*ck did you wake me for??!" :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement