Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSETembark angst

Options
  • 13-04-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

What does 'mid-April' mean? Uck, I'm being so needy to IRCSET - "why haven't you called me?" "You don't value my contribution to science!" etc.

So, anyone know when and how the results come out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

I was on the IRCSET site last week and it said that the results of the 1st round would be available online from the 21st April, presumably you'll be able to sign into your account and see the result. I can't get onto the website now though - it's saying 'Account has been suspended' so I'm very confused!anyone know why??! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johannyogibear

Looks like someone forgot to pay the hosting company :p, although if registered you can still login on http://ircset.smartsimple.biz . Hopefully the site should be back up before results released, either way you can check if you're successful by logging into above, BTW is the 21st for definite, I'm waiting myself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

IRCSET's site was always a design tragedy as far as I was concerned.

The basic advice is unless you're likely to get a first it's not worth wasting time on. Also make sure that your personal statement is clear but they want it to be very ambitious - so you almost need to say you want to win a nobel prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hannahlambda

Oh dear, my modesty probably sold me short on that one. I'm kind of going on my project being really quite relevant to the 'current economic climate', hope they take that into account. I got a first in second year... <<sigh>>

Anyone have news/gossip/opinions about how the CEC will affect postgrad research funding? I assume embark has a guaranteed budget for a while. All the more reason to get in there while the going is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

It's working again, huzzaaahhh!!! http://www.ircset.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Anyone know what time the results are out tomorrow???

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

cunnins4 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the results are out tomorrow???

:confused:

I'd say by 5 o'clock known the way IRCSET work!;)

Nah, I'd say you could nearly log into your online profile at 12 o'clock tonight and have a look, I know with ucd exam results when they were out there last february, after the superbowl in a drunken haze I was able to check my results at something like 4 in the morning so, if IRCSET is as dominated by computers etc... as ucd then you might expect to see the results tonight, fingers crossed, hugging Ikea furniture, surrounded by rabbits' feet!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hannahlambda

WTF?!?

:mad:

Advertisement