Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist needs a new home!

Options
  • 13-04-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

hey people!

looking to start a new band, all instruments are wellcome, i've been playin bass 8 years, lookin for people between 20ish and not dead yet.:p i've a wide range on influences:

mr bungle, sikth, mod flanders conspiracy, incubus, squarepusher, balkan beatbox, klezmer bands, charles mingus, kings of leon, msi, primus, mike patton, jurassic 5,alien ant farm . .. it goes on

so i'm lookin for very random people, horns, decks, programers, guitars drums, pots & pans, laptops, singers, what ever ya can make music with so we can form an orchestra of mayhem!

anyway if any of that makes sense or sounds interesting let me know :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭progsound

If you interested we are looking for a bass player http://www.bebo.com/sixfeetoraboveground

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

where you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Des Claypool

hey progsound! had a listen to your tunes, thought it might be a bit too screamy at first but its brilliant stuff! i was gettin some great ideas for bass where are use based? i live in north dublin. according to your bebo it looks like wexford/kilkeny&waterford so that could be an oul problem :(

hi audiomad seen your other add, i assume its for the bands ya manage, live in north dubin as i've said i'd be up for an audition if your interested, let me know.

thanks guys :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭progsound

Yea based in kilkenny/wexford area all songs are played to a click so we practice at home and only play together before gigs to tighten up a bit so the distance thing might not be to bad but we would be looking for someone who is tight with a click also all song writing is done online sure if your interested drop me a pm if not its cool

yeah thats alright so i love playin to a click, hate sloppy songs, i'm up for give that a shot at least. howmanyfingersamiholdingup@hotmail.com email me a tune or i can record to the mp3's on your page, i've a full protools setup at home so recording is fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

sent you an email

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Hey wanna play for us???

www.myspace.com/pnewmotourax

Heavey Rock!

hey hyn-zie

sorry dude not my type of music exactly bit to linear an mono genre-ish, thanks anyway, good luck findin a bassist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Duffman86

Hey dude guitarist and drummer based in north county dublin stuck for a bassist....got no **** on myspace or anytin but wer lookin t start giggin we got a few originals on de go let us know if u be up for it.

hey man! yeah cool that sound cool send me an email an we can sort out a jam an see how it goes. cheers :D

• Advertisement

Great stuff Im playin guitar nearly 7 years now the Drummers playin 8 or 9 years we havent really let ourselves get dragged into playin any specific genre but as long as it sounds good we dont mind playin it influences go from jimi hendrix to megadeth and everythin in between....send us yr e-mail address an can sort out times an stuff....probably jammin this sunday if yr on 4 it

yeah sundays good with me

howmanyfingersamiholdingup@hotmail.com

give me an oul email, later man

Sent e mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MadOKO899

Hey! I'm in a band based in Dublin 15. At the moment theres two of us; we're both guitarists, singers and songwriters. We're aged 20 and 21.We're meeting up with a very positive drummer in a week so now we need a bassist to complete the band!smile.gif We've only been together a month or two but we've recieved an incredible response to our songs which we uploaded onto youtube! Some of them have over 1000 views already! We have excellent amps, 2 fender strats and recording equipment (a BOSS R360). I don't really know how to describe our music that well so its best just to listen to it! Heres one of our tunes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EENVl8lFjek&feature=channel

INFLUENCES: Eric Clapton, John Mayer, Rory Gallagher

PS: The type of music we want to make would have a big thick bass groove so our band might suit you if you like to improvise biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Incarnadine

Hey I'm a guitarist, 23, into everything from pop to blues to jazz to brutal death metal, looking to make something different and original, been trying to get a hard rock blues/jam band going but failing, just really looking to jam and gig now! Some of my different styles recording here;
    http://www.myspace.com/phthaloblueire

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭silverwater

We seek a bassist.
    See if you're interested.
    North Dublin.
    www.myspace.com/usyoungliars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 musicman2

Well man. Are you still looking for gigs? Have you any interest in a Wedding/Function band?

Advertisement