Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems receiving texts on O2, maybe phone fault?

• 13-04-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I haven't been able to receive messages since yesterday afternoon. But i can receive them now that i've put my sim into a different fone. Is my fone just fecked? I can make and take fone calls and send txts. Just can't receive them. Anyone know why that might be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hi OP, I've switched your post into a thread of it's own. You'll probably get a better response here :)

Can you receive them in this second phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Yes i can receive them in other phones. It's just that phone. Whatever sim card i put into it, it can't receive texts. It just seems strange because it can receive phone calls and it can connect to the internet. Any help would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Could be the phone, have you put a different o2 sim into your own phone? if its not working that way its def the handset

krudler wrote: »
    Could be the phone, have you put a different o2 sim into your own phone? if its not working that way its def the handset

Ya i have put a different sim in and it didnt work. Must be the phone but it's only a year old and it's only receiving texts that doesnt work. Strange but i guess it must be the handset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

phi3 wrote: »
    Ya i have put a different sim in and it didnt work. Must be the phone but it's only a year old and it's only receiving texts that doesnt work. Strange but i guess it must be the handset

The message inbox isn't full, is it?

• Advertisement

Adro947 wrote: »
    The message inbox isn't full, is it?
    No tried that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

did you try someone elses simcartd in your phone?

Bob Z wrote: »
    did you try someone elses simcartd in your phone?

ya, same problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ya, same problem

Points to the phone then. Delete the messages in it to make sure its not the inbox. Is it past the 12 month time frame since you bought it?

Davy wrote: »
    Points to the phone then. Delete the messages in it to make sure its not the inbox. Is it past the 12 month time frame since you bought it?

I'd say just about past 12 months. I think it was the start of april i got it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My memory is a bit cloudy but is the message centre no attached to the phone or the sim card lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

if you go into settings is there a way of setting the phone back to when you first got it? eg restore factory settings? This might put the phone lock back on though so make sur eyou have the code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

SDooM wrote: »
    My memory is a bit cloudy but is the message centre no attached to the phone or the sim card lads?

Sim card :)

But that's only related to sending messages, not receiving. The only thing the OP can do now is a factory reset, upgrade the firmware and then drop it in for repair if that doesn't work

Thanks guys. I gess i'll use my old phone for a while n hope for a new phone for my birthday in july!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Thanks guys. I gess i'll use my old phone for a while n hope for a new phone for my birthday in july!

Or you could do a factory reset or upgrade the firmware?

Advertisement