Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper Jacks?!

• 13-04-2009 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

So maybe someone can explain this to me, to a New Yorker that has moved to Dublin..Went to Copper Jacks yesterday had a blast, is there some kind of 3 minute rule there for kissing a girl?! Everywhere i turn i see some dudes kissing a girl after 25 seconds of chatting them up, what do they say?!?! Or maybe they dont say anything at all ?!? :D

I know in NY after chatting up a girl for 25 seconds and trying to kiss her, it would not end well for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭gnolan

You don't sweat much for a fat bird

yeah thats good old Coppers for ya .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

chris1982 wrote: »
    So maybe someone can explain this to me, to a New Yorker that has moved to Dublin..Went to Copper Jacks yesterday had a blast, is there some kind of 3 minute rule there for kissing a girl?! Everywhere i turn i see some dudes kissing a girl after 25 seconds of chatting them up, what do they say?!?! Or maybe they dont say anything at all ?!? :D

I know in NY after chatting up a girl for 25 seconds and trying to kiss her, it would not end well for me.
    In Copperface Jacks(and most other places) no rules apply. Go nuts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

It's called alcohol and plenty of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

chris1982 wrote: »

Hello Yank

Its copper face jacks.

And they are all sex hungry culchies that go there, that mostly consist of heifers or one calf cows, beer goggles dont last forever so they must move fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

tbh if you're not kissing a girl after 25 seconds in said establishment there are two possible conclusions one would draw

a) you're gay, or
    b) you're gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Its a meat market, just like Matt the Millers in Kilkenny.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its nickname is slapper face jacks....nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

My advice to you is never go back their ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Copper face jacks is a jungle. It's hilarious. For some reason the gardaí never seem to shit on the owners cheerios, because they're always serving till about 4 in the morning. There must be some kind of under the table deal going on there, or else it's just because so many gardaí go there or something.

I've come out of that place at 3 in the morning, and people are still queuing to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Actually It Is An Ex-Gard Who owns Coppers :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

True story. A Cuban friend of mine hooked up with a woman in Coppers. My friend didn't know this at the time, but there was a garda there who fancied her too and started jostling my friend. When they decided to leave he followed them outside and there was a small scuffle. The guard called his mates and had my friend arrested for being drunk and disorderly and he ended up having to pay a fine in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Ive had a serious night anytime I went there. Going to a nightclub is about having a bit of fun and yes while I am a blow in "culchie". Too many Dublin clubs are far too pretentious.

Its one of the most successful nightclubs in Ireland, surely they are doing something right!

Op, you probably wouldnt see that "easy going" nature of the women in other clubs in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the only thing coppers is doing right is it's location and the building itself. everything else about it is **** although **** appeals to culchies that are up in dublin for college, cause in dublin you can't walk out to a field and get covered in ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lyingeyes

ohh... and there's a mart there for suck calves every wednesday morning!!

Where'd all the coppers hate come from? It's not that bad and it's better than most places. They don't water the drinks down in coppers like most other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ah, I love a bitta Copperface Jacks every now and then. I find the hate a bit OTT myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a lot of my hate for the place stems from friends that think it's the only place you can go now in dublin for a night out.

the music is always the same, the people are pretty much all the same, the drink is overly expensive, they give you **** vodka if you ask for smirnoff, same for red bull you get a knock off, the bouncers are complete pricks.

it has gotten better the last time i was in there that's for sure. they employ people now to pick up the glass that's smashed from the drop and kick glass method done by 90% of the people there. i'm surprised some girl hasn't had her legs and or feet cut to bits in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Funny you should say that Mr. Goodness, my girlfriend tripped on broken glass last week and went head over heel down the stairs. Nasty few bruises on her, no cuts thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

'COP'perface jacks,its all in the name,the place is a magnet and safe haven for cops,prison officers and nurses from the bog,who like to go nuts at the weekend

Well, regardless of all this hate for coppers, it is probably one of the better night clubs in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Dude, glad you had fun!!!! I love the place! I haven't been there in a while cause the bouncers know me too well :(

There's so much drama in the place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Hi Guys.. Is it Over 18's Or Over 20's does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    'COP'perface jacks,its all in the name,the place is a magnet and safe haven for cops,prison officers and nurses from the bog,who like to go nuts at the weekend

I know it has a rep for being full of country ppl but I have been there a few times and all I met was Dublin ppl.. and a few D4s at that! anyone else find that??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

Last few times I have been there in the last year or so there have been nothing but d4 heads there.

Maybe it's overflow from Krystle down the road. It's not the culchie(me being one) magnet it once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

its gone extremely D4 in the past few months.full of jocks and orange birds.its losing what made it good craic in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

"I'm only your second cousin so it isn't wrong"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

heymayo wrote: »
    Hi Guys.. Is it Over 18's Or Over 20's does anyone know?

Depends on if the bouncer likes the look of you, like most places!!

Advertisement