Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan men

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Wiley1

lukesmom wrote: »
    Just came across this post now and can't believe how much slating Navan got. Navan is a brilliant little town and I wouldn't live anywhere else. And by the way most of the guys here are gorgeous! I don't know what some of you are talking about. And as for personality! The town is full of comedians. The Solar is not a bad spot for a night out especially on a Saturday when it is full. The Palace is good too, not mad about taboo though I know lots who are. What makes Navan unique is that it is a Palindrome so it spells the same backwards and forwards. Hector is a typical Navan man with his wit, his big personality and his Navan accent. And I brought my son to this years Paddy's day festival and it was brilliant! We also just had a summer festival 2 weeks ago with live music, lots of stuff for kids to do, a big funfair on the fairgreen and 2FM's Larry Gogan broadcasted his show live all day from the festival. In my opinion in the last 5 years, the amount of retail outlets that have opened up in Navan are a very good indication of how Navan is growing and getting more attractive by the day. And there are lots more big named retail outlets building this year - River Island, TKMaxx etc... So before you all slate Navan, take a look at your own town. Somebody mentioned kells, Athboy and Trim as being above Navan! I laughed out loud at that statement. Kells is a hole that hasn't had a face lift in a hundred years. It is so depressing to drive through! And drive through is all you could really do! It is not a place to stop by! Athboy is stuck in the 1950's and full of farmers. And as for Trim! Thats full of gurriers, so much anti-social behaviour its unbelievable. Just read our local paper the Meath Chronicle and you will see how many undesirables are plaguing older residents in their homes with bricks through windows etc. They also wear their caps at a 90 degree angle! Ha ha! - Beautiful Castle though!:eek:

Right on, I'm with you...We're Navan patriots all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brandodub

Right Gays Navan-any???

brandodub wrote: »
    Right Gays Navan-any???

Good input there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Right Gays Navan-any???[/quote

Sure go into O'Flathertys and you'll see a few.

Right Gays Navan-any???[/quote

Sure go into O'Flathertys and you'll see a few.

Really, I thought that was a myth? If you are from Navan and gay i'd imagine it's a tough life...attitude etc...no?

• Advertisement

Wiley1 wrote: »

Really, I thought that was a myth? If you are from Navan and gay i'd imagine it's a tough life...attitude etc...no?

no there was a time where it was known for it. I have a few friends from Navan who are gay. One in particular is 30 and only came out 2 years ago. Best thing he ever done. It was so so hard for him growing up in this town as you can imagine. All the hard men etc. But now it has become much more 'accepted' in the town and I think its great. Live and let live I say:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What makes Navan unique is that it is a Palindrome so it spells the same backwards and forwards.
    ...and there we rest our case, m'Lud.

...and there we rest our case, m'Lud.

What case is that, there was a post by lukesmom that had a fair bit more info that you added, a tad selective on the oul quotes there.

What part of the country are you based yourself? :confused:

:)

no there was a time where it was known for it. I have a few friends from Navan who are gay. One in particular is 30 and only came out 2 years ago. Best thing he ever done. It was so so hard for him growing up in this town as you can imagine. All the hard men etc. But now it has become much more 'accepted' in the town and I think its great. Live and let live I say:)

Cool, attitudes in the town are changing so. :)

His name is Dublinwriter so I presume he is from the pale. He's probably just like the rest of the dubs - peeved off that they have lost their chance at getting their hands on the Sam Maguire cup. Sour grapes I would imagine - hee hee hee:D:D:D:D:D UP THE ROYAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Animalistic

His name is Dublinwriter so I presume he is from the pale. He's probably just like the rest of the dubs - peeved off that they have lost their chance at getting their hands on the Sam Maguire cup. Sour grapes I would imagine - hee hee hee:D:D:D:D:D UP THE ROYAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said.

Feck the begrudgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Yes I am from Dublin, but I also have a dacha in Meath, or North-North Dublin as I like to call it.

The smell of silage did take a little getting used to, but I actually quite like it now.

I'm not too concerned about the Sam Maguire cup because no matter what team wins or looses, match day at Croker is always a victory for Dublin's burger van and cheap plastic flag industries.

Yes I am from Dublin, but I also have a dacha in Meath, or North-North Dublin as I like to call it.

The smell of silage did take a little getting used to, but I actually quite like it now.

I'm not too concerned about the Sam Maguire cup because no matter what team wins or looses, match day at Croker is always a victory for Dublin's burger van and cheap plastic flag industries.

Good man, you're an honourary Meath man now if you like the smell of silage. As the for Sam, sure maybe one day eh??

When i left for Australia in 2000 there was no Johnstown, only feilds, now it's commonly known as little Dublin, also, Little nigeria, little India and of course Little Lithuania/Latvia.

It's good to see the minorities wanting to live in Paradise i suppose....

Good man, you're an honourary Meath man now if you like the smell of silage. As the for Sam, sure maybe one day eh??

When i left for Australia in 2000 there was no Johnstown, only feilds, now it's commonly known as little Dublin, also, Little nigeria, little India and of course Little Lithuania/Latvia.

It's good to see the minorities wanting to live in Paradise i suppose....

Ah Wiley, couldn't have put it better myself!:D

Ah Wiley, couldn't have put it better myself!:D

If only we had a Sam Maguire again, they'd flock to Meath (again)...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brandodub

Practically Dublin 27 :D

Ooops sorry but there des seem to be a lot of us here now-hpe we're welcome (at least to some degree!)

Ooops sorry but there des seem to be a lot of us here now-hpe we're welcome (at least to some degree!)

Your location is Navan?????????:pac:

No way, Keep Navan for the Navanmen...Ha, everyone is welcome in Navan once it brings a little culture, culture that Tommy Tiernan thinks we lack....:)

Tommy is not even a Navanman anyway! He only lived here for a few years!!!

Advertisement