Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Liverpool X - Match Thread 14/4/09

1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

iregk wrote: »

Also, you hate him because he missed a penalty. Right.
    Well no, I've always hated him since he left Arsenal. His penalty miss just cemented that. But if ever there was a player I couldn't sympathise with for missing a penalty, it's him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

iregk wrote: »

Of the other players I've no idea why so many dislike Frank. I can fully understand and accept dislikes of JT, same reason I hate Carragher and Neville.

I hate Liverpool but I have alot of time for Carragher. Seems like all he ever wanted to do was play for Liverpool and he never wants to move and he always gives it his all. Can't see why anyone would hate the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Great game.

If Cech plays like that against Barcelona, Chelsea will be crucified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As a spectacle the game was fantastic, shows what can happen when both teams play without "that nasty defening thingy " :D
    Liverpool showed great heart and fair play to them (hope Utd learned something) Thought Chelsea deserved the game over the two legs and that fantastic performance last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I don't say it often but fair play to Pool for putting in an almighty effort, they gave it a right go. But who I was even more impressed with was Chelsea, they could have fallen to pieces twice but showed they were made of sterner stuff and pulled away again. Great game, really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

redout wrote: »
    Are you for real ?

Ivanovic was practically riding the guy.

RTE showed it at half-time and zoomed in and Ivanovic clear as day had one arm around the players neck and the other pulling his shirt.

Stonewall peno.

no our penalty was a stonewall i meant the one where ivanovic and carra were side by side and he went down after carra shrugged him off the ball in the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote: »
    While I think you're right, I think the game just descended into a farce that both teams weren't even trying to defend anymore. .

The things that get to me most is that for the 3rd and 4th Chelsea goals we had plenty of players back , but they were ball watching and/or not picking players up. Aurellio just looking at Lampard jogging in to finish off for the 3rd. Why bother your hole getting back if your going to do that?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I would have thought Carvalho is universally respected and liked.

His movies got real old real fast though.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001736/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Stekelly wrote: »
    The things that get to me most is that for the 3rd and 4th Chelsea goals we had plenty of players back , but they were ball watching and/or not picking players up. Aurellio just looking at Lampard jogging in to finish off for the 3rd. Why bother your hole getting back if your going to do that?

Don't blame Aurellio, blame the zonal marking system! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

deisedevil wrote: »
    Don't blame Aurellio, blame the zonal marking system! :D

It wasnt a set piece.

Laziness can ruin any system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

His movies got real old real fast though.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001736/

carvalho looks like some bastardised love child of pauly shore and tommy tiernan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I always thought Percy from Blackadder myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What a match. 3 things killed us last night.

1) The first Chelsea goal, Reinas blooper let them off the hook & they gained momentum from this. They had started the second half like they played the first only this gave them a foot-hold

2) Aurelio not tracking Lampard for there third. Shocking defending & cost us as the 2 quick goals would have put us ahead in the tie

3) AT 3-4 there was a blatant push on a Liverpool defender by Drogba. The ball went out of play and from the resulting throw in Lampard got in for the winner. Considering the frees Drogba was getting (most notably for Alex's goal) this should have definately been a free-out. With 4/5 minutes left I firmly believe we would have fashioned at least one good scoring opportunity & probably takin it. The Ref had a relatively good game but this was very frustrating.

It's clear we have improved 10 fold under Rafa. Without our best player last night & our second best not at his best we pushed Chelsea to the pin of their collective collars. Here's hoping the league will soften the blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just caught the soccer special recap on Sky, Phil Thompson going nuts at every goal, what a man.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Awfull amount of diving last night specialy Malouda!
    Taught they played the ref well he was giving a lot of free kicks in attacking positions for chelsea for very little contact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great game

2 great games. It was like an episode of 24 with the amount of twists in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Aurellio just looking at Lampard jogging in to finish off for the 3rd. Why bother your hole getting back if your going to do that?

I have always rated him higher than most but he needs a major kick up the arse after both Chelsea games. He was a liability in the first match and his defending for the 3rd last night as a downright disgrace. The lazy ****!

He needs to be dropped for a few games as punishment for it. There is no excuse for shunning your responsibilities like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Unearthly wrote: »
    Great game

2 great games. It was like an episode of 24 with the amount of twists in it.

Thankfully they seem to have stopped having people kidnapped and go rid of the dumb bitch of a daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Thankfully they seem to have stopped having people kidnapped and go rid of the dumb bitch of a daughter.

She was great to look at though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I have always rated him higher than most but he needs a major kick up the arse after both Chelsea games. He was a liability in the first match and his defending for the 3rd last night as a downright disgrace. The lazy ****!

He needs to be dropped for a few games as punishment for it. There is no excuse for shunning your responsibilities like that.

Yeah, so p!ssed off with Aurelio for that third goal. I mean, what was he doing? He could see Lampard and didn't even go from his jog to a sprint to try and nullify the danger. I know he go the first goal and all, but he let us down with that one.
    He's a really good player though. When he gets a run in the team and away from injuries, he proves himself to be a fantastic left back. But i agree with Jesus_thats_gre, i'd give Insua a game against Arsenal. He's done nothing wrong whenever he's played this season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Legend stuff ...

Barça will be a tough tie ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Any Pool fans remember the last time they drew 4-4? I cant....

The amount of times that scoreline has happened in the last season or 2 between english teams is astonishing, it almost never useda happen...

Last season CHelsea 4-4 Villa, Spurs 4-4 Villa(!), Spurs 4-4 Chelsea(!!)
    This season Arsenal 4-4 Spurs, Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool

I'll take a 4-4 tonight in Porto no prob :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jackdaw wrote: »
    Legend stuff ...

Barça will be a tough tie ...

Is that it?

Where's the customary Jackdaw rant?

I have to say I feel cheated by that post. I want my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

Don't know if this is already up here (I'm at work and I'll check the thread later)...

http://http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com.../article/7247/

YNWA

Advertisement