Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cordless phone signal strength (dect)

Options
  • 13-04-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all
    I baught a "Binatone s1545 cordless phone" at Argos.
    It Connects to the pc, power, supply and phone line. It can be used for internet (skype) or land line calls (ie Dual Phone). The info. supplied claims a range of 50 meters indoors and 300 meters outdoors, However in practice it is very dodgy at less than 15 m indoors.
    I rang the help line 2 times. First time they suggested re-registering handset to base unit which had no effect. Second time they asked my house had stone or block walls to which i replied it has and they said this is a problem with all their phones and I could bring it back. I asked what is the output signal strength of the base unit and was told 10 mili watts and they dont know of any way to boost this. It is difficult to assertain the output power of similar phones advertised so I do not want to risk buying an other to find same problem.
    So does any one know if there is such a thing as a signal booster for such devices that does,nt cost the earth?:confused:

Regards
    Dangleberries
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

I've had good experiences with a USB telbox. It provides the same functionality you describe, but use your existing phone, cordless or otherwise. So whatever range you have now remains the same. If you search for USB TELBOX you'll find the info you need.

Advertisement