Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

juice master lose 7lb in 7 days

• 13-04-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just started this program today - so far I've only had one juice as it's easter monday and I sleep in. Has anyone else done this any tips or thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

why would you want to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

From the rules in the charter
    Bear in mind we are not professional nutritionists and we are not doctors, so don't look for medical advice. Please seek advice from your Dr. or a Nutritionist before embarking on any major overhaul of your eating habits.

There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana type topics or crash dieting. If you want to discuss your cabbage and rubber band diet that's alright but don't expect much support (or success for that matter). This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.

7lb a week is no doubt a "major overhaul", and most doctors & nutritionists would recommend a max weight loss of 2lb per week, otherwise you are losing fluids and dehydrating yourself and eating into muscle mass.

Boards now have strict rules on medical advice been given out, and I would consider such a drastic "diet" should only be advised by your doctor so I am sorry but I am going to have to close this thread.

I would also add that you would probably be better off eating the fruit & veg rather than juicing, as you are throwing perfectly good & filling fibre in the bin. On a liquid diet like this much of the "weight" lost is just water and having nothing in your bowels, it can give you the runs so the "weight" loss is not fat, but similar to if you were sick for a week and lost 7lb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement