Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router question

Options
  • 13-04-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

This might be a stupid question but ill ask anyway!

I'm getting broadband installed in a couple of weeks. I'm already getting a wireless modem so hopefully signal will carry through the whole house. I have a guest house just next door and I would like to be able to have the wireless signal available in there to. I have a number of phone sockets in my own house and I'll be plugging in my modem in one side of the house. I'm just if I could buy a second modem and plug that into one of the other sockets?
    would that work at all?
    Sorry if its a stupid question!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

No that won't work, if the signal is not strong enough, you'll have to buy an access point and this will act as a signal booster.

I'm sure someone here will be along any minute now to recommend one!

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

i see i see! thanks for that that does make more sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gallo

How do you change the nat number for the PS3 from 3 to 2 ?? I have a Motorola Netopia router, modal = 2247-62 (its the newest one) Please help??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Gallo wrote: »
    How do you change the nat number for the PS3 from 3 to 2 ?? I have a Motorola Netopia router, modal = 2247-62 (its the newest one) Please help??

Hi Gallo, did you try this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU, this is off topic so you might be better asking in the PS3 forum or starting a new thread or even google PS3 NAT Type 3, hope that helps.

Advertisement